The Student Room Group

Whats better, AA in double science or BBB in triple science?

I was wondering what was better, A's in core and additional science are B's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Just because of someone I know someone who rolled their eyes when I said well do on your results. She got a B and I got an A. Which is better?
That depends what you plan on doing with your gcses but thats a classic quality vs quantity argument there.

Original post by Declan84
I was wondering what was better, A's in core and additional science are B's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Just because of someone I know someone who rolled their eyes when I said well do on your results. She got a B and I got an A. Which is better?
AA. Its a no brainer
BB because triple science is harder than double

That's why many sixth forms allow students who got B grades in Triple do a science at alevel whereas if you did core & additional you have to get an A because the content is considerably less.

Extras:I got As in each science (I did triple)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

If you want to do any of them at a level then do triple. It will be much easier to transition into a level science with triple as, normally, the a level concepts are introduced briefly towards the end of the science courses. Teachers said that I could've easier gotten A*A* in core and additional, however I did triple and came out with A*AA and am much happier for it!
AA
Reply 6
Original post by Real_jenn
BB because triple science is harder than double

That's why many sixth forms allow students who got B grades in Triple do a science at alevel whereas if you did core & additional you have to get an A because the content is considerably less.

Extras:I got As in each science (I did triple)

would that make them similar?
would that make them similar?

Make what similar?
I think they're pretty much equal

<sits on the fence>
Reply 9
Original post by Real_jenn
Make what similar?

Similar appeal. Both look good to colleges.
AA is better, you have more A grades which look better than B grades.
AA in double science
AA

All GCSE subjects have equal value barring English and Maths. Better to do well in 2 than alright at 3. No one cares which GCSE was harder at that level, they're more interested in the grade, and that's if they even bother to look at your GCSEs!
Personally, probably AA in Double Science.
2As > 3Bs, generally speaking.
Strictly speaking BBB carries more weight than AA because it is three GCSEs rather than two. Working on the points system (which some Sixth forms and colleges do) BBB is worth more. That said AA does look better on applications and CVs.

Quick Reply

Latest