Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Are these GCSE results ok?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Maths - A
    English Literature - C
    English Language - B
    Science A - B
    Additional Science - B
    French - C
    History - D
    Classical Civilization - C
    Religious Studies - B
    Tamil - B

i plan to do maths, chemistry, physics, psychology

my parents are also ok with the results but i needed another A to be accepted into the school i have been going to since year 7. But when they found out that i had been rejected by the school they took away my phone and laptop and told me i don't need them. My dad told me to clean the house because he said that cleaning dishes in restaurants is only future for me. my mum looked at other schools and good private schools in my area. due to my results the only a levels i can take are sciences and maths. my mum asked what i wanted to do at University and i said medicine or something physics related ( i want to do forensics ). she then said that after getting bad grades on my GCSEs, how would i expect to do medicine at University and she just told me the same thing my dad told me to do - do cleaning.

whenever we are with other friends and family she says that she is proud of me but at home both my parents make me feel like a failure and disappointment.

what should i do?
    are my GCSEs really that bad?

GCSE's mean very little, they are just the ticket into sixth-form/college. I guess you just need to use this as extra motivation for smashing your a-levels. Get good AS marks and good predicted grades (with work experience), then you can never rule Medicine out.

Exactly what Diraclohr said, GCSEs arent very important once youve gotten your a levels. They are literally only there to help you get into a specific college or sixth form but most colleges and sixth forms will be decent enough theyre not like universities where the teaching quality can be severely poor or absolutely amazing.

if it bothers you that much and you really want to attend that particular college you can always ask if you can take your a levels there and retake one subject to upgrade it to an A alongside it. I know plenty of people that were accepted on the conditions that they retake a GCSE alongside their a levels
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.