Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Advice needed re: travel reimursement for renters

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for some advice please.

    My wife has just started FY2 and has to travel 42 miles to the hospital. The Trust has a policy that she can claim expenses for this commute but ONLY if we own our home.

    We are currently renting but we can't move because my work is 40 miles away in the other direction so we live exactly halfway between. It isn't an option for me to change jobs.

    Has anyone else been in this situation? Would we have grounds to appeal on the basis we are committed to the area we live in even though we don't own it? Do any other Trusts not have this requirement?

    Any advice would be much appreciated
    Thank you!

    Erm, this is not very helpful but I was in this situation 2 years ago and didn't even think about claiming. The hospital... did not give the impression that it was about to try to help is employees or in any way. Quite the opposite in fact.

    All I can suggest is talk to the hospital. Nothing to lose.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.