The Student Room Group

How necessary is a laptop for sixth form?

I am doing english lit, psychology and history. Will i need to use a laptop or is most hand-written do you think?
Original post by meandegreen
I am doing english lit, psychology and history. Will i need to use a laptop or is most hand-written do you think?

I think you just need access to a laptop or computer at home.
During lessons- not at all. Might be helpful to have a computer or laptop at home somewhere to do typing up for essays
Reply 3
You don't even need a laptop for uni as long as you have a PC in your room.

If however you do not have a PC, then a laptop might be worthwhile.
Reply 4
It depends on your sixth form. We had our own accounts and would be given a laptop to work on in lessons if we needed to use one, otherwise it was all handwritten. You just need a PC or laptop at home to do homework but even then, you can probably do it using the library computers. So laptop is not necessary at all. I can't even guarantee they would allow you to use it in lessons as you could be playing games or sitting on Facebook instead of doing work
Reply 5
For coursework and homework and revision and stuff? Very very necessary
Mine broke halfway through my exams and it made everything so much harder, just get one and it should last you til like 1st year of uni if its a good one! Deffo worth it
Original post by meandegreen

With those subjects, Microsoft word and the Internet is your best friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a laptop but that's because I don't have a desktop.

It might as well be a desktop because I barely move it from my desk.

You just need a computer that has Word and the Internet for studying at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending