Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the Best UK Network? {POLL}

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
  • View Poll Results: Which is the Best UK Network?

1. Signal
    2. Signal Quality (internet speed)
    3. Perks
    4. Pricing
    5. Customer Service

OVERALL with these 5 indicators which is the best Network Currently I am on Three and i define it as APPALLING

I'm on VODAFONE

1. Signal - when it's good it's good, that's what I can say. I went away to portugal and I went camping, and I still had decent signal
    2. Signal Quality - meh, it's slow at times, to be fair, unless you're on like 4g constantly, which drains your battery *rolls eyes*.
    3. Perks - erm, they have Freebie Rewards? I guess, but half of them don't even work properly
    4. Pricing - I get a £10 Pack, 500MB internet (to be fair that's alright for me, I don't really go out much, and my college has decent wifi, so I'm okay. 150 minutes and unlimited Texts. I could definately use more minutes and the texts are great. I think it could be improved really, but hey-ho, I pay my own phone bill, so it's not bad I suppose.
    5. Customer Service - 1/10 Really bad actually. In the store, thy're helpful, but over the phone it's useless, too many automated machines and most of the time you can't even get to what you're looking for. The website isn't helpful most of the time either.

Overall, vodafone are okay, I guess. I've been with them for as long as I can remember.
    However, some definate improvements need to me made!!!

Hey, don't forget about GiffGaff! I'm on a GG sim in Huawei P9.

1. GiffGaff runs off the O2 network so signal is pretty much constant across whole country (as with O2). Rarely am I without 3G or 4G.
    2. As said above, 3G signal is pretty much guaranteed and of good speed. 4G is as good as WiFi in some instances but oh boy does the battery take a pounding. Never had a frustratingly slow connection w/ 3G or 4G.
    3. Pay back for recommending friends is a perk but nothing big like O2 priority.
    4. GiffGaff pricing is fantastic e.g. £12 a month for unlimited texts, 500min calls and 2GB of data or £10 for unlimited texts, 500mins and 1GB data.
    5. The GiffGaff customer service is brilliant: the forums are always active and the reps seem happy to answer any questions. The texts from the company are also adorable.

10/10 can't fault the service.

But if I had to choose from the 4 in the poll, O2 would win it: the pricing isn't extreme, the signal's good and the gurus are very helpful if something's wrong.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.