Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Migrant worker,don't have proof of address, how to prove ordinary residence?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have been living in England for two years now and have had a tenancy agreement until the 1st of August however now I have moved out of there and I am temporarily lodging in this lady's house just until I move to uni next month. Problem, is, I don't have a tenancy agreement, so how am I going to prove that I am ordinarily resident on the 1st of September?

    I am working, have a contract of employment and payslips. The next time I get paid is actually on the 1st of September. Are my payslips enough proof that I am ordinarily resident on the 1st of September?

    I dont have any phone bills or any bills or anything with my current address on it, not even a bank statement as you need to provide proof at the bank of your address if you want to change your address...I dont have a tenancy agreement so I cant change that so at the moment all my 'official' letters get sent to my previous address.

    Is this going to be a problem that I dont have a tenancy agreement? I really dont want to be rejected for something petty like this.

    What do I need to do?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.