Core Science B
Additional science C
Mathematics B
RE C
Geography C
Business studies E
Economics F
Travel and tourism (btec) m2
I wanted to do physics maths further maths as A levels but clearly didnt achive the grades i needed, so this year i may do a level 3 btec in media or english language , history and geography at A level while i retake my gcses (additional science core science maths and geography) as a private candidate . now i only want to do english language history and geography for a year then next year i can move on to the A levels i wanted to do which are maths further maths physics and additional further maths. Im aware i will be spending 3 years instead of 2 in college will i get the 3rd year free despite my change in subjects? Thanks
You didn't fail badly at all. Don't tell yourself that, you just didn't do as well as you had expected. Firstly, would it be a waste of time and effort to do those humanities subjects when you clearly want to go to Uni with maths, maths, phys and more maths? Or I can see your line of thinking that it might broaden your horizons whilst you mostly concentrate on your retakes. However, I would see more logic in JUST concentrating on retaking in college and pick up a part time job on the side or something. OR negotiate with them about taking your desired A Levels on the basis that you're resitting?
Anywho, I'm sure you've gone round in enough circles thinking about this. I'm in a pretty similar situation and it isn't much fun at all lol. But, the reason I replied is because I noticed the one thing that we had in common was a drive to be in a better situation. With that, I genuinely believe that things will fall in place with hard work. I have a dream, ladies and gentlemen!
Original post by ibrahim_lhotse
Hey there guys
I failed badly in my gcses
Heres what i got
English language B
English literature C
Core Science B
Additional science C
Mathematics B
RE C
Geography C
Business studies E
Economics F
Travel and tourism (btec) m2
I wanted to do physics maths further maths as A levels but clearly didnt achive the grades i needed, so this year i may do a level 3 btec in media or english language , history and geography at A level while i retake my gcses (additional science core science maths and geography) as a private candidate . now i only want to do english language history and geography for a year then next year i can move on to the A levels i wanted to do which are maths further maths physics and additional further maths. Im aware i will be spending 3 years instead of 2 in college will i get the 3rd year free despite my change in subjects? Thanks

Is your school not allowing you to sit those a levels?

Quick Reply

Latest