The Student Room Group

What universities should i apply to?

I want to do a Fine Art course at university and have already chosen to apply to UCL and Loughborough but i dont know where else i can do a good Fine art course. Any advice/suggestions of what unis do good art courses?
Original post by Gabriela123
I want to do a Fine Art course at university and have already chosen to apply to UCL and Loughborough but i dont know where else i can do a good Fine art course. Any advice/suggestions of what unis do good art courses?

Oxford?
Reply 2
Original post by matt.thorne10
Oxford?

I have considered applying to oxford, but i dont know if my predicted grades are good enough to get a place.
Newcastle is really good for fine art. Also consider Manchester, Chelsea and Goldsmiths. It's all about your portfolio and your style, your unique contribution to art.

If you have not done a foundation you may want to consider it. Oxford and UCL prefer it and I don't think you can get to Goldsmiths without it. It should matter where you do it and it's really hard to find where is good and where is not but there are some which are better than others. There are government inspection reports you can read. I think the following are good, in no particular order:
Manchester, Leeds, Oxford Brookes, Kingston, Falmouth, Bournemouth, Loughborough. CSM if you are interested in fashion, maybe not so good for other art disciplines. Camberwell is also good, you can only apply to one of CSM or Camberwell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*shouldn't matter (typo above) ... But I think it does, simply because of the teaching and physical environment which does affect you ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest