The Student Room Group

I was 2 marks off an A

I finally accepted I got a B in Further Additional Science, but I just checked the mark scheme and I was 2 marks off. I don't know why Edexcel chose this particular year to make the grade boundaries sky high, but should I appeal or is it a waste of time?
Original post by Angilinei
I finally accepted I got a B in Further Additional Science, but I just checked the mark scheme and I was 2 marks off. I don't know why Edexcel chose this particular year to make the grade boundaries sky high, but should I appeal or is it a waste of time?

There's no worries of going down a grade, so you may as well go for it if you don't mind payong but with the changes to remarks (the mark only changes if there is a genuine error) and the fact that the maths mark scheme is quite solid, it's unlikely to go up 2 marks. But who knows! Good luck, I hope you get your A if you decide to remark.
Reply 2
Original post by meandegreen
There's no worries of going down a grade, so you may as well go for it if you don't mind paying but with the changes to remarks (the mark only changes if there is a genuine error) and the fact that the maths mark scheme is quite solid, it's unlikely to go up 2 marks. But who knows! Good luck, I hope you get your A if you decide to remark.

Oh okay. Thanks for replying though. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest