The Student Room Group

Anglo Saxon Norse and Celtic?

I'm still not sure on what to apply for at uni. I really would like to go to Oxbridge. Originally I had planned on applying for straight history but circumstances such as a surprise D in my one module at AS and further reading into other areas such as Celtic have really made me think of other degrees to consider! I've read a few books on Celtic and am really enjoying it. Apart from a television programme on Norse settlement in Scotland and a few digs on telly about anglo-saxon culture etc I haven't explored that area a great deal yet. My AS were; Geography 93.5%Economics 86%History a C but with A in on module and D in the other (getting a remark first but will resit otherwise)English Literature which I plan on dropping I got a B but can't remember the exact UMS. I fancy it was 76%.I also study Welsh Bac (which they take right?)
Gcse 6A* 6A.

I'm guessing my UMS is too low at 85% top 3?:frown:
Original post by DanielSmith1999
I'm still not sure on what to apply for at uni. I really would like to go to Oxbridge. Originally I had planned on applying for straight history but circumstances such as a surprise D in my one module at AS and further reading into other areas such as Celtic have really made me think of other degrees to consider! I've read a few books on Celtic and am really enjoying it. Apart from a television programme on Norse settlement in Scotland and a few digs on telly about anglo-saxon culture etc I haven't explored that area a great deal yet. My AS were; Geography 93.5%Economics 86%History a C but with A in on module and D in the other (getting a remark first but will resit otherwise)English Literature which I plan on dropping I got a B but can't remember the exact UMS. I fancy it was 76%.I also study Welsh Bac (which they take right?)
Gcse 6A* 6A.

I'm guessing my UMS is too low at 85% top 3?:frown:

Try this thread.
He should be back today to answer the questions from prospective applicants.
You can't get any more reliable reply than from him. :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238242

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending