Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I should see a councillor/therapist?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I had a parental death 10 years ago and i still get very upset about it and think a lot with fear and anxiety about people i love dying. i am very paranoid and think my friends don't like me or are trying to avoid me or i have done something to annoy them. i overthink a lot of things. i think there is something wrong with me. i have often thoughts of hopelessness and then the idea sometimes pops in my head of suicide BUT it's quickly dismissed and not at all a serious thought.

    Definitely go see your GP or a counsellor. The fact that you're having suicidal thoughts no matter how fleeting they are is a serious issue and can develop very quickly. In most cases, wondering if you should see someone about your mental health is a clear sign that you should definitely make that decision. Especially in the case of losing a loved one, having a counsellor to explain your feelings and having someone you can openly discuss your problems with can be extremely helpful to your mental health. Best of luck! If you have any questions feel free to dm me
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.