The Student Room Group

Computer Science Applicants 2017

Heya, just thought i'd make a thread for people applying to CS at Uni for September 2017. I'm the only person that i know thats looking at CS and id like to meet some fellow minded people to go through the process with :biggrin: I'm looking at applying to Newcastle as a first choice :biggrin: Where are you guys wanting to go :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samonia
Heya, just thought i'd make a thread for people applying to CS at Uni for September 2017. I'm the only person that i know thats looking at CS and id like to meet some fellow minded people to go through the process with :biggrin: I'm looking at applying to Newcastle as a first choice :biggrin: Where are you guys wanting to go :smile:

Just curious, why Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by flameskid0909
Just curious, why Newcastle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

when i went to see them at an open day they seemed really good :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm hoping to apply to Uni of Manchester
Reply 4
I liked Newcastle too but loved Lancaster. But Lincoln is a good reserve.
yooo
Hey guys, anyone got any offers?
Reply 7
I have applied to Oxford, imperial, Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh and so far have got an interview at imperial 😋
I applied to UCL, Southampton, Cambridge, York and Warwick and so far I have interviews at southampton and york and an offer from warwick
Hey, I wanna do CS with a year in industry. I'm looking at applying to Kent, Essex, Brunel, Keele and Brighton. Wbu?
Reply 10
Anyone willing to share predicted grades, as and face grades, particularilly good stuff on ps etc?
Original post by vyyzx
Anyone willing to share predicted grades, as and face grades, particularilly good stuff on ps etc?

Applied to Oxford, Warwick, Durham, Bristol, Loughborough
GCSE grades: 3A*'s, 4A's, 2B's
AS Grades: AB (Computer Science, Further maths)
Predicted/Achieved Grades: Maths A* (achieved) A*A*A
Offers: None yet
Wbu???
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
GCSE: 6A* 4A
AS: AA maths and f maths
A level: predicted A*A*A
Original post by student1099
yooo

Hi! Sent in my UCAS 3ish weeks ago, applied to:

Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow - have received acknowledgement emails from all and have unconditonals for Glasgow & Edinburgh!

Where have you applied / where are you applying? :tongue:
Original post by jenoverboard
Hi! Sent in my UCAS 3ish weeks ago, applied to:

Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow - have received acknowledgement emails from all and have unconditonals for Glasgow & Edinburgh!

Where have you applied / where are you applying? :tongue:

Congratulations, thats amazing!!

SO much pressure lmao you applied so early... I applied this Monday to Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Manchester and Bath but I haven't received any offers yet. What are your predicted grades? Also, I'm surprised you haven't received an offer from Liverpool cause they've been giving offers out like crazy??
Congratulations, thats amazing!!

SO much pressure lmao you applied so early... I applied this Monday to Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Manchester and Bath but I haven't received any offers yet. What are your predicted grades? Also, I'm surprised you haven't received an offer from Liverpool cause they've been giving offers out like crazy??

Hahah yeah, Cambridge early deadline obviously, but we get October holidays v early on so school finished on like the 8th and the school wanted them sent off before that, so yeah super early!

Thanks so much:smile: I'm Scottish so sitting Advanced Highers in Chem, Computing, English & Maths, predicted 4As - you?

Funny you mention Liverpool, I'm hefty stressed about it hahaha, got my Glasgow offer legit the day after my UCAS got sent, Edinburgh a week after that - that was ages ago, was thinking I'd be hearing from Liverpool soon (even for a rejection!) but nothing!

One of my friends got an interview from imperial - you heard anything?:tongue:
Original post by jenoverboard
Hahah yeah, Cambridge early deadline obviously, but we get October holidays v early on so school finished on like the 8th and the school wanted them sent off before that, so yeah super early!

Thanks so much:smile: I'm Scottish so sitting Advanced Highers in Chem, Computing, English & Maths, predicted 4As - you?

Funny you mention Liverpool, I'm hefty stressed about it hahaha, got my Glasgow offer legit the day after my UCAS got sent, Edinburgh a week after that - that was ages ago, was thinking I'd be hearing from Liverpool soon (even for a rejection!) but nothing!

One of my friends got an interview from imperial - you heard anything?:tongue:

Ahhhh such a daunting time, I know someone who has gotten an interview from Imperial too but not for CS.

I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths last year for AS and I dropped physics (got 4As) and now I have an A*(maths)AA prediction.

Dw about Liverpool they'll accept ya in no time
Ahhhh such a daunting time, I know someone who has gotten an interview from Imperial too but not for CS.

I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths last year for AS and I dropped physics (got 4As) and now I have an A*(maths)AA prediction.

Dw about Liverpool they'll accept ya in no time

Yeah it's so weird just not knowing! Yeah imperial friend isn't compsci either so dw:smile:
Has anyone applied to the University of Leeds? They're quite high up in the rankings both uni and for CompSci. Any opinions?
Reply 19
Applied to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Durham and Southampton. Predicted A*AA
Got an offer from Warwick already nothing else though.
When did you get an interview from Southampton/Imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest