The Student Room Group

Hsbc student account

Hey, has anyone else applied for a student bank account with HSBC and not heard anything back yet? Applied about 2 weeks ago online, still haven't had so much as an email from them :/
Reply 1
Go into the branch? Usually you need to take ID so they can open the account and run the credit check.
Original post by IWMTom
Go into the branch? Usually you need to take ID so they can open the account and run the credit check.

Can I open a student account as a college student not a university student. Note; I am 18 year of age and am studying my first level 3 course
Original post by ImranMahmood
Can I open a student account as a college student not a university student. Note; I am 18 year of age and am studying my first level 3 course

no
Thanks for the heads up, I applied for mine 3-4 days ago, might head into the branch now
Called them up, apparently they take 3-5 weeks to process, which is ridiculous since they stated one week on their website. Going into a branch tomorrow to see if anything can be done
Original post by fuzzedshadow
Called them up, apparently they take 3-5 weeks to process, which is ridiculous since they stated one week on their website. Going into a branch tomorrow to see if anything can be done

Thank you! I was worrying I hadn't heard anything in nearly two weeks! 5 weeks is crazy though I might be starting uni by then! :frown:
Original post by Brunette_baby
Thank you! I was worrying I hadn't heard anything in nearly two weeks! 5 weeks is crazy though I might be starting uni by then! :frown:

Haha yup same, apparently there is nothing they can do once you've applied which truly sucks, guess I'll just have to use my current account till then :/
Reply 8
lol a week before results day I applied and got a response two days later, walked in day after results an hour before closing and had it set up in less than 5 minutes ( my mate was outside still ordering my coffee) . its all about timing and knowing when to take advantage, banks are no different to any other retailer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending