The Student Room Group

Why are Americans so insecure about their sexuality?

*well the majority of Americans i've met

From having lots of interactions with people from the US both online and offline i've noticed that people from there are so unbelievably insecure about their sexuality. I know in Europe there are problems too, but Americans...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jblackmoustache
*well the majority of Americans i've met

From having lots of interactions with people from the US both online and offline i've noticed that people from there are so unbelievably insecure about their sexuality. I know in Europe there are problems too, but Americans...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe because people over there are free to walk around with guns so they're scared of getting shot in the street.
Reply 2
The US is just a very fearful nation. Have been since the Cold War and particularly 9/11. Look at their absolute terror towards the outside world, with emphasis on specific ethnic and religious groups, especially Muslims. Of course there's a spectrum of ranges as with every nation, but they have a very high proportion of constantly terrified people. Which isn't surprising, if you look at their news everything is so doom and gloom, to a point that it's comical from an outside observer, I particular found their news laughable when visiting, it's like everyone gets a kick out of reading about the latest terror incident or mass shooting or serial killer. Isn't surprising someone like Trump can use this to such great effect. To be fair I'd be afraid if everyone had a gun and the only news I heard about the rest of the world is terror events and catastrophes. I know I haven't really answered the thread but I think the answer is related.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
The USA is a nation of children, that's why. They're immature and need to grow up.
Reply 4
What do you mean 'insecure about their sexuality'?
It's a national sport over there
What do you mean
Reply 7
bcus 'MURICA
The American dream and the ideal American family that they continue to peddle over there does not account for homosexuals, that's why.
I'd be insecure about my entire being if I was American.
If I had to guess, it is because the nation has evolved out of the protestant reformation largely. A very large proportion of the first Americans were protestant refugees (Huguenots, Mennonities etc.). Hence, there is a strong link in a lot of america between the populace and Christianity, a religion which is very anti-sexual, which leads to a culture reflecting such.

Quick Reply

Latest