The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheWolf
ahh true, most unis must have aab/aaa right for law? apart from some more rubbish ones, which u probs dont wanna go

Yeh, of the ones I'm considering: AAA-AAB is the currency.

Some alright(ish) places have ABB as a standard offer - QMW isn't top, but it's okay.

Places like Warwick and Leeds (which are great, but probably not the greatest) ask for AAA.
Some not so good universities like City University ask for ABB now (used to be BBB) but better universities like Liverpool ask for ABB.

What's QMW?
Reply 42
NDGAARONDI
Some not so good universities like City University ask for ABB now (used to be BBB) but better universities like Liverpool ask for ABB.

What's QMW?

Queens marry, i might use that as insurance, in the end you still graduate from UOL
TheWolf
Queens marry, i might use that as insurance, in the end you still graduate from UOL

I was thinking about it, as they offer Law & European Legal Studies on ABB! But then it isn't in the most appealing location in the capital - on the doorstep of Tower Hamlets - a world away from Bloomsbury too.
mobbdeeprob
I was thinking about it, as they offer Law & European Legal Studies on ABB! But then it isn't in the most appealing location in the capital - on the doorstep of Tower Hamlets - a world away from Bloomsbury too.

If I had chosen my universities later I would have certainly considered Queen Mary's. I had asked about it before here but was told it's crap, LSE is better etc. But there are some prestigeous universities I could get into but refuse to apply to.

How do they mark the degree weightings in London? Just surely it's harder for someone in Queen Mary's to gain a first than someone in LSE? There are several assumptions here.

I like Queen Mary's Intellectual Property Research Centre, although I have never been, but would like to. But I'd doubt if I would want to go to every single lecture.
NDGAARONDI

Just surely it's harder for someone in Queen Mary's to gain a first than someone in LSE?

Why do you say that? I was under the impression that LSE were amongst the harshest institutions when it comes to awarding firsts.

On another point, would it be acceptable for somebody applying for a job/placement to put down 'University of London', instead of the individual college/institute?
Reply 46
mobbdeeprob
Why do you say that? I was under the impression that LSE were amongst the harshest institutions when it comes to awarding firsts.

On another point, would it be acceptable for somebody applying for a job/placement to put down 'University of London', instead of the individual college/institute?

in the CV you put UOL, but i think you also put downthe college
Reply 47
shishi nee
Misbah - he's 28 - tut, tut - call yourself a cousin! :tongue:

Yeah well, I was close enough! :biggrin:
Clifford Chance is one of the most internationally recognised law firms around , so anyone who gets a placement there should be over the moon to say the least! :smile:
TheWolf
in the CV you put UOL, but i think you also put downthe college

But people don't necessarily do this for Cambridge. I don't see them say Caius College...
mobbdeeprob

Ah I'm not sure the exact logistics involved when they mark a degree where the university itself has different colleges. I didn't know if a QMUL asking for lesser grades would have any bearings on those students for the classification of their degree when you consider UCL, King's etc.
Reply 50
Hi there all i know about work experience is that if you cant shadow a lawyer or barrister its often very easy to shadow a law representative from the council sort of tort practitioners ok its not much cases against people who have not paid certain taxes or bills but it's a start hope it helps xxx
FlamingDeath
Regarding to work experience, how much has everyone done in terms of working in a law related field? And also, how much do you think is advantageous for good university or career prospects? :smile:
Reply 51
tinka
Hi there all i know about work experience is that if you cant shadow a lawyer or barrister its often very easy to shadow a law representative from the council sort of tort practitioners ok its not much cases against people who have not paid certain taxes or bills but it's a start hope it helps xxx

There's a disturbing lack of punctuation in that...'sentence'.
muncrun
There's a disturbing lack of punctuation in that...'sentence'.

"xxx" and "lol" are the new full stops lol xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending