The Student Room Group

Just another day in France: "Disordered" Muslim stabs female police officer

The attack took place in the Rempart Saint-Etienne prefecture of Toulouse.
The assailant, 31, had a psychiatric disorder and attacked the officer because she represented France,” La Depeche du Midi news outlet reported.

The attacker was of Algerian origin, La Depeche Du Midi said.
https://www.rt.com/news/357649-toulouse-police-station-attack/

It seems a low intensity insurgency is going on in France. It seems this is common for that part of the world.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Let's not get carried away. But yes, I agree that the muslim community needs to ask itself deep questions about the killings being committed by some within.
Where in the article does it even mention Islam? Or a Muslim perpetrator? Lol

it literally says "the assailant, 31, has a psychiatric disorder"

stop fabricating stories please, especially discriminatory ones
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
Where in the article does it even mention Islam? Or a Muslim perpetrator? Lol

it literally says "the assailant, 31, has a psychiatric disorder"

stop fabricating stories please, especially discriminatory ones

"The assailant was of Algerian origin". #Owned.
Original post by The_Opinion

Algerian means Islam does it?
Algerian means the motive was DEFINITELY Islamist?

Do you realise that murders can be committed by Algerians (and other members of Muslim countries) for non-Islamic reasons? Or is your view of these countries unrepresentative and warped by hateful media?
Algerian means Islam does it?
Algerian means the motive was DEFINITELY Islamist?

Do you realise that murders can be committed by Algerians (and other members of Muslim countries) for non-Islamic reasons? Or is your view of these countries unrepresentative and warped by hateful media?

Look at how you try to turn the discussion from a Muslim committing the crime to the crime being committed because of Islam, when nobody said that.

Look at the way you try to slime your way through the discussion, trying to divert attention from the way that you were found out, claiming the attacker wasn't a Muslim, when in fact he was.

Yet another thread when you claim to not be a Muslim yet are straight here, ready to defend Islam in anyway possible.
Look at how you try to turn the discussion from a Muslim committing the crime to the crime being committed because of Islam, when nobody said that.

Look at the way you try to slime your way through the discussion, trying to divert attention from the way that you were found out, claiming the attacker wasn't a Muslim, when in fact he was.

Yet another thread when you claim to not be a Muslim yet are straight here, ready to defend Islam in anyway possible.

Can you prove that a Muslim did this attack? Yes/No
Can you prove that the motive was religious? Yes/No
Heck, can you even prove that this happened? RT have a notorious reputation for fabricating stories out of thin air, and I haven't seen this story on a single other news site or newspaper. Yes/No

I expect some rigorous proofs, and not some hateful speculation like I always see you venting.

Tbf I hear a lot of North Africans in France are from poorer backgrounds and in areas where crime is more common. This could be down to socio-economic factors too?

Someone said the Muslim community needs to solve this, but what would a wealthy non-Arab Muslim community be able to do? (If this is down to socio-economic factors)
Just because a Muslim is committing the crime doesn't mean that this was motivated by Islam. Many Muslim immigrants in France live in high crime areas, like blacks in the UK.
Can you prove that a Muslim did this attack? Yes/No
Can you prove that the motive was religious? Yes/No
Heck, can you even prove that this happened? RT have a notorious reputation for fabricating stories out of thin air, and I haven't seen this story on a single other news site or newspaper. Yes/No

I expect some rigorous proofs, and not some hateful speculation like I always see you venting.

Did I ever say that the attack was religious? Yes/No?

You are ashamed of your religion, its quite sad to see, that or you are a troll.
Original post by Ladbants
Just because a Muslim is committing the crime doesn't mean that this was motivated by Islam. Many Muslim immigrants in France live in high crime areas, like blacks in the UK.

Nobody said it was, alevelstress brought it up to try to distract the conversation.
Did I ever say that the attack was religious? Yes/No?

You are ashamed of your religion, its quite sad to see, that or you are a troll.

I'm an atheist, and you said the attacker was Muslim because of his Algerian origin. Please prove your claim.
This is the fruit of the stupidity of the French politicians at combating 'ISIS', by harming the lifestyle of regular citizens. The Burkini ban, in all its ridiculously, was guaranteed to cause this kind of violence. I worry for the future of france, the more extreme and demonizing legislation that is implemented, the more of this horrific behaviour we will see.
Original post by Kazuhira
This is the fruit of the stupidity of the French politicians at combating 'ISIS', by harming the lifestyle of regular citizens. The Burkini ban, in all its ridiculously, was guaranteed to cause this kind of violence. I worry for the future of france, the more extreme and demonizing legislation that is implemented, the more of this horrific behaviour we will see.

Once more, we see 'Muslim perpetrator' equaling 'Islamic motive'. We don't know yet.

France does not deserve terror attacks (if that is indeed what this was). They have suffered enough, and the burkini bans were a direct result of public tension. The bans themselves are now banned. They do not represent France and it's government (though apparently they DO represent the voting population of France).

Do you criticise Saudi Arabia for not allowing a regular dress code for non Muslims? Do you criticise bans of Nazi symbolism?

Violent is not the correct retort, and you should not be calling for it.
Original post by 1010marina
Once more, we see 'Muslim perpetrator' equaling 'Islamic motive'. We don't know yet.

France does not deserve terror attacks (if that is indeed what this was). They have suffered enough, and the burkini bans were a direct result of public tension. The bans themselves are now banned. They do not represent France and it's government (though apparently they DO represent the voting population of France).

Do you criticise Saudi Arabia for not allowing a regular dress code for non Muslims? Do you criticise bans of Nazi symbolism?

Violent is not the correct retort, and you should not be calling for it.

I theorized that the violence was the result of the recent legislation. Please do not accuse me of calling for it.

If public tension is what legislates, then I fear the worst for France. It was public tension that prevented civil liberties for African Americans for the last 100 year.

Yes, I criticize Saudi Arabia for having a restrictive dress code, both for muslims and non-muslims.

The Nazi Symbolism is a complex issue, and it is fallacious to compare it to the Burkini. Nazi symbols are banned in several European countries which were greatly affected by the German government in a modern World War and the issues surrounding are far more serious and entrenched in bureaucracy.

Islamoapologetics at work, perhaps ?
Original post by Kazuhira
you are effectively shifting the blame for such attacks from the perpetrators to the victims

a terrible idea, and quite illogical
yep
ww3 will start in few years

Not all Islamapologists are Muslim : you have also (e.g.) many regressive leftists, then the low-standards racists etc etc
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest