The Student Room Group

Do you agree with Trump's isolationist economic policies?

Or do you prefer more free-market policies?
Original post by Ladbants
Or do you prefer more free-market policies?

It's actually one of Trump's more noble facets. I don't think economic isolationism is great, but I definitely understand why Trump wants to make it more difficult to outsource labour to other countries.
Reply 2
Not really. I prefer free trade policies when the deals are done right. I don't like his idea of shutting out the rest off the world as trade partners. The days of tariffs should be over for America and they should focus on moving towards a service oriented economy with a highly skilled population. I think the economic policies of the U.K. Conservative party as well as some Republicans (e.g. Mitt Romney) who favour free markets would be the best.

Of course, I don't exactly agree with Hillary's economic policies either (especially increasing taxes for hardworking Americans and corporations) but I feel that she knows that trade and economic globalisation benefits America overall and has benefitted the rest of the world.

I prefer policies like free markets, privatisation, deregulation and lower taxes.
(edited 7 years ago)
What are his policies? I can't be arsed to look them up.

If he wants a protectionism war with China then good luck. He will need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending