Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

worried about cerelle

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

hello, I'm worried from what I've read that I'm gonna have really irregular or constant bleeding on cerelle. From what I've read i dunno if i should've went for the implant. I'm really good at taking it on time as I previously was on the combined. But i am a very active person, i often go travelling and do sporty things as well as camping so although its not the worst thing ever, irregular or constant or heavy bleeding would be quite a problem for my lifestyle. What are your experiences/ opinions? and would you recommend cerelle or implant?

Whilst I have never used the implant (although it has since been recommended to me- have decided against it for now though since I am no longer in a sexual relationship), I did use cerelle for 3 months before I gave up due to side effects. I don't want to scare you because everyone will have very different side effects- you may even be a lucky one who doesn't get a period at all- my advice would be give it a shot and see how it goes and take it from there. My first month on cerelle was bliss: no side effects at all. However, about a month after I started taking it, I started having a very light period which didn't stop for the remaining 6 weeks that I used the pill before I gave up as I was fed up of the bleeding. My period was extremely light (using 1/2 pads a day) but it was just annoying to be constantly bleeding. On top of this, I also started getting very hormonal where I'd cry for the simplest of reasons. In the end I decided I'd be better off without it. I never got round really to seriously contemplating other options as I split up from my boyfriend within 2 months of coming off cerelle so I can't tell you if anything else would work for me. However, I do have 2 friends who are also on cerelle: one has no periods at all and the other has a light period for 3 days every month (pretty regular) so like I said give it a go to begin with to see how things work out. Hope I helped 😊
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.