The Student Room Group

No Supplementary Grant for my third Year?

So for the previous years i've been given a supplementary grant. I went through the same application process and checked that all of my information was the same. Application was finished today and when I checked what was on my payments list to me, all there was - was the Student Support Loan, and no supplementary grant.Why has this happened?

(Before I was getting £1723 for my Student Support Loan and around £345 for my supplementary Grant, now all i've been given is a Student Support Loan of £1172).
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you been income assessed? It doesn't sound like it. In your final year, only your loan is reduced.
Hi Robert,

Your parents would have to provide their financial income figures so we can award the grant. From the information you have provided it doesn't sound like you have been income assessed. You can call us on 0300 100 0607 so we can check the assessment on your application.

Thanks
Thank you for the responses. I checked on my application and like you have said this figure is not based on income yet. My application was updated the day my parents sent their financial information to Student Finance, so I imagine i'd be right in assuming that the financial information will take a while to process?

Many thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

If your parent's submitted their information later on it's likely this may still be awaiting processing.

This information is currently taking 8 working days to assess.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest