The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Can I get into University of Exeter?

Hi, so a couple of weeks ago I received my AS results of AABC. I got the C in Chemistry so I plan to drop that one but I don't really mind about that. I'm really interested in studying English and History at the Cornwall campus but I didn't take History at AS (I took English, Politics, Biology and Chemistry). Can I still get in?
Does the course require history?

Edit: Just checked, they don't. Therefore you should be fine :h:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by A-LJLB
Does the course require history?

Edit: Just checked, they don't. Therefore you should be fine :h:

I had checked beforehand but I was really confused when I didn't see A level History on there because literally every other university I've looked at required it. :excited:
Original post by chloe1945
I had checked beforehand but I was really confused when I didn't see A level History on there because literally every other university I've looked at required it. :excited:

Have you been to an open day?

At the end of the day if they say they don't require it, they don't. Most applicants are likely to have it at least to AS, but as long as you explain why you didn't take it (in the reference) and why you want to study it, there shouldn't be a problem if you have the grades :h:

Good luck! It's a stunning main university, but im sure the Cornwall campus is just as lovely!
Reply 4
Original post by A-LJLB
Have you been to an open day?

At the end of the day if they say they don't require it, they don't. Most applicants are likely to have it at least to AS, but as long as you explain why you didn't take it (in the reference) and why you want to study it, there shouldn't be a problem if you have the grades :h:

Good luck! It's a stunning main university, but im sure the Cornwall campus is just as lovely!

I haven't been to an open day as unfortunately I live in Surrey so it would take me about 4 and a half hours to get there! To be honest, I don't have the greatest reason as to why I didn't take it - long story short it was a classic case of 'I had a terrible teacher at GCSE and didn't want to have another teacher like he was'. But, yeah, as long as I find a way to explain why I'd like to study it there then hopefully it'll all be fine :colondollar:

Are you studying at the main campus then? If so, what are you studying??
I haven't been to an open day as unfortunately I live in Surrey so it would take me about 4 and a half hours to get there! To be honest, I don't have the greatest reason as to why I didn't take it - long story short it was a classic case of 'I had a terrible teacher at GCSE and didn't want to have another teacher like he was'. But, yeah, as long as I find a way to explain why I'd like to study it there then hopefully it'll all be fine :colondollar:

Are you studying at the main campus then? If so, what are you studying??

I am sure it will be fine yes! Good luck!

No, but I visited a couple of times and got an offer from there last year :h:
Reply 6
Original post by A-LJLB
I am sure it will be fine yes! Good luck!

No, but I visited a couple of times and got an offer from there last year :h:

Thank you! Wow, it's so weird that I haven't even started my A2 classes and I'm already preparing for uni! :h:

Ahh, okay :smile: That explains how you know so much about the whole process! Where are you studying now then? (if it's okay for me to ask...)
Thank you! Wow, it's so weird that I haven't even started my A2 classes and I'm already preparing for uni! :h:

Ahh, okay :smile: That explains how you know so much about the whole process! Where are you studying now then? (if it's okay for me to ask...)

I decided not to go to university this year, but I will be studying Psychology at Newcastle next September! :h: If you need any help, or reassurance, just give me a PM!
Reply 8
Original post by A-LJLB
I decided not to go to university this year, but I will be studying Psychology at Newcastle next September! :h: If you need any help, or reassurance, just give me a PM!

Oooh, exciting! Congratulations on getting in! I'll be sure to keep it in mind if I need any more advice from an expert :biggrin:
I took the train from surrey it honestly went pretty fast, there and back in a day not so bad if you had tons of battery on your phone
Oooh, exciting! Congratulations on getting in! I'll be sure to keep it in mind if I need any more advice from an expert :biggrin:

Haha thank you! I'm no expert but I'm more than happy to help :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by A-LJLB
Haha thank you! I'm no expert but I'm more than happy to help :wink:

Well, you certainly know more than I do, so that's more than enough for me! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest