The Student Room Group
I would say that the second was only aimed to extend our understanding. I hope that not only ours is extended that way.

The first is a text of no consequence, I wouldn't write it, nor read it on different circuimstances.

I can't resist myself to that wearing burkini is as pointless at some matters, as sunbathing for too long. The second damages skin, the first causes D vitamin deficiency.
Reply 2

No, because if they cover up armed police surround you like you're a criminal & force you to strip off exposing your body and private parts for their perverted satisfaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
No, because if they cover up armed police surround you like you're a criminal & force you to strip off exposing your body and private parts for their perverted satisfaction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applying a ban does not make you a pervert.
from the first article , the most ridiculous comment about why women should cover up at the beach (with a burkini or otherwise) :

I choose to dress this way because it gives me freedom. I don’t have to worry about (...) people commenting on the way I look and judging my looks or talking about my clothes.

in reality, she is attracting ten times more attention, looks and comments than if she wore a skimpy bikini ...

the same woman sounds much more sincere when she declares "I am a Muslim woman and I am proud to be recognised as one"

another woman states : "As a Muslim woman I am encouraged by the Qur’an not to wear the same as non-Muslims and to remain identifiably Muslim at all times"

in other words, it sounds like it's as much about making Islam visible, as about simple "modesty"

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Once again, another article saying that women who don't cover are immodest.

And lol at the woman from Singapore who blames France because "The majority seems to be forcing their ideologies on the minority. This is not liberty or freedom." and adds that "Singapore is a multiracial country, and the government considers each and every person’s rights." whilst homosexuality is banned in Singapore and gays face jail time there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Once again, another article saying that women who don't cover are immodest.

Regressives gonna regressive I suppose*
Original post by KimKallstrom
Regressives gonna regressive I suppose*

I'd argue that it's actually the right who oppose people covering up too much and oppose nudity.

You do find it's actually feminists who've started campaigns such as 'free the nipple' whereas the right seem to think a woman breastfeeding in public is a disgrace.

Women can and should wear whatever they want. If they want to cover themselves head to toe then that's fine, if they wan't to be nude, that's fine too.
Original post by Bornblue
I'd argue that it's actually the right who oppose people covering up too much and oppose nudity.

You do find it's actually feminists who've started campaigns such as 'free the nipple' whereas the right seem to think a woman breastfeeding in public is a disgrace.

Women can and should wear whatever they want. If they want to cover themselves head to toe then that's fine, if they wan't to be nude, that's fine too.
in practice, there are dress codes for each and every situation

the law usually only enforces some kind of common minimum standard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending