Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Having braces while studying overseas (UK)

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm a international student. Right now, I'm wearing dental braces and I'm required to visit my orthodontist in my home country for a monthly check up (to tighten the braces).

    The problem is, I will be studying at the University of the West of England (Bristol) for a year, making my monthly trip to the orthodontist unfeasible.

    May I please know is it possible to meet an orthodontist to do the monthly check up in the UK (just for tightening)? Do the NHS or the university health care centre located in the campus provide this kind of service? I tried calling university health care centre but it is unreachable...

    Lastly, may I please know roughly how much is the cost and will it be covered by the GBP150 Immigration health surcharge insurance?

    Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

    Perhaps you should contact your local hospital/healthcare center? Or maybe even your university?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 31, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.