The Student Room Group

Italy: 10,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean in 48 hours

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
You ask others for proof, yet don't expect to provide it yourself. Do you see the special pleading or lack of consistency in that?

I can't prove that all immigrants are integrating, but I can use basic logic to disprove that they aren't. No one has sourced which explicitly say that they are all integrated or not, but if you look at Muslim immigration in the past, its safe to extrapolate.
Original post by alevelstresss
Prove that I'm Muslim please.

A good start would be

Say according to modern standerds Mohammed would be considered a pedophile and as a result some modern interpretations of Islam would consider pedophila as acceptable.
Prove that I'm Muslim please.

Was Mohammed a pedophile?
I can't prove that all immigrants are integrating, but I can use basic logic to disprove that they aren't. No one has sourced which explicitly say that they are all integrated or not, but if you look at Muslim immigration in the past, its safe to extrapolate.

The example of the Turks in Germany, in my link, shows that Moslems don't integrate well. Many live in ghettoes wherever they go in Europe, and shun the locals. Their preachers tell them not to integrate, in many cases, and to have nothing to do with unbelievers.
Original post by MeYou2Night

He married a six year old and consummated the marriage when she was nine. You draw your own conclusions.

He ****ed a child. So we if we judge he him today then YES.

Tell me what do you call someone who slept with a nine year old.
He married a six year old and consummated the marriage when she was nine. You draw your own conclusions.

Original post by BaconandSauce
He ****ed a child. So we if we judge he him today then YES. Tell me what do you call someone who slept with a nine year old.

I was asking the user who wants prove he's a Muslim. I have found that Muslims, including ones in this site and ones I used to consider friends (so your "normal orindary Muslim", defend it and deny it was and condone its' sexual relationship win a 9 year old.

I know it was a pedophile (yes a pedophole is an it)
(edited 7 years ago)
I was asking the user who wants prove he's a Muslim. I have found that Muslims, including ones in this site and ones I used to consider friends (so your "normal orindary Muslim", defend it and deny it was and condone its' sexual relationship win a 9 year old.

I understand. It's hard to listen to Muslim friends justly pedophilia.

But they do.
I was asking the user who wants prove he's a Muslim. I have found that Muslims, including ones in this site and ones I used to consider friends (so your "normal orindary Muslim", defend it and deny it was and condone his sexual relationship win a 9 year old.

There is only one valid defence, that morality has changed since the time of Mohammed. Plenty of Europeans married at similar ages. Of course, that defence merely shows that the Islamic model of behaviour is not true for all men in all times after all. *Hehe.

Apologists will tie themselves in knots with rubbish about girls being mature earlier in those days but that just makes them look silly.
Its beyond me why you expect me to trawl through 10+ year old sources which are irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

Sir, I'm sorry, although boiling inside while looking at this, I'm telling as polite as I can:
It is against my knowledge, that 10, 15 or even 20 years would change much in this case. In both cases we are disputing immigration from Africa and the Middle East. Mentality and level of education couldn't change much. Processes in societies are too slow for that. If some certain problems with immigrants from particular parts of the world occured 10 or 15 years ago, it is indeed very likely that they continue to take place now,
Especially, if economical situation is more difficult and aversion rises.

friendlier countries encourage better integration - not the divisive, offensive attitudes that you people peddle.

This article says some truth too, but I doubt If radical muslims are willing to integrate with modern secular societies.

It is a key factor as long as we disucuss relatively secular and willing to work people.

discrimination deriving from the natives who hate immigrants is actually a key factor in this issue.

What evidence do you have, to claim that this a key factor, not a minor or equal and one of many?
How do you expect them to integrate if with their knowledge of languages and and their skills they stand very little chance to find any job even if they were native Europeans, and as the truck drivers who have to go through Calais will tell you, many of them have no respect for law or private property?

In Poland we didn't provide any language courses for Vietnamese or Chinese people, our social handouts are extremely low and none, to my knowledge were given to illegals (and thousands of Vietnamese people used to live here illegally for years.) Today we have Vietnamese districs and villages, and Chinese people can be met quite often. We have absolutely no problem whatsoever with them. Lots of them used to work for equivalent 3 pences per hour. Still, nobody suffered from famine, and lots of these people advanced to middle class, they send children to schools, and they all learn Polish on their own.

On the other hand, we provided lots of aid to Chechens, and millions of euro were spent for professional activation of Romani people. The Chechens keep stealing and terrorizing neighbourhoods. The Romanis refuse to take any job. The Chechens, we may add, were welcomed as heroes fighting against the Russian opression (Poles are generally Russophobic, so we stupidly like everthing and everybody that is against Russia)
Culture matters, ignoring this is a wishful thinking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheDailyMan
Its the swarm of the locusts

this

perhaps, perhaps not, but what matters is that it was 1500 years ago, pedophilia was more common back then across the entire planet, and not just within the Islamic community.
A good start would be

Say according to modern standerds Mohammed would be considered a pedophile and as a result some modern interpretations of Islam would consider pedophila as acceptable.

if thats what I need to say to prove to you strange people that I'm not Muslim, fine.
mohamed can be considered a pedophile, but its worth noting that this was one and a half ******* millennia ago, pedophilia was more common across the entire globe, and not just in the Middle East
(edited 7 years ago)
perhaps, perhaps not, but what matters is that it was 1500 years ago, pedophilia was more common back then across the entire planet, and not just within the Islamic community.

But Mohammed and his behaviour are models for Moslems in all times, not just the seventh century.
A good start would be

if thats what I need to say to prove to you strange people that I'm not Muslim, fine.

mohamed can be considered a pedophile, but its worth nothing that this was one and a half fricking millennia ago, pedophilia was more common across the entire globe, and not just in the Middle East
Original post by PTMalewski
Sir, I'm sorry, although boiling inside while looking at this, I'm telling as polite as I can:
It is against my knowledge, that 10, 15 or even 20 years would change much in this case. In both cases we are disputing immigration from Africa and the Middle East. Mentality and level of education couldn't change much. Processes in societies are too slow for that. If some certain problems with immigrants from particular parts of the world occured 10 or 15 years ago, it is indeed very likely that they continue to take place now,
Especially, if economical situation is more difficult and aversion rises.

This article says some truth too, but I doubt If radical muslims are willing to integrate with modern secular societies.

It is a key factor as long as we disucuss relatively secular and willing to work people.

What evidence do you have, to claim that this a key factor, not a minor or equal and one of many?
How do you expect them to integrate if with their knowledge of languages and and their skills they stand very little chance to find any job even if they were native Europeans, and as the truck drivers who have to go through Calais will tell you, many of them have no respect for law or private property?

In Poland we didn't provide any language courses for Vietnamese or Chinese people, our social handouts are extremely low and none, to my knowledge were given to illegals (and thousands of Vietnamese people used to live here illegally for years.) Today we have Vietnamese districs and villages, and Chinese people can be met quite often. We have absolutely no problem whatsoever with them. Lots of them used to work for equivalent 3 pences per hour. Still, nobody suffered from famine, and lots of these people advanced to middle class, they send children to schools, and they all learn Polish on their own.

On the other hand, we provided lots of aid to Chechens, and millions of euro were spent for professional activation of Romani people. The Chechens keep stealing and terrorizing neighbourhoods. The Romanis refuse to take any job. The Chechens, we may add, were welcomed as heroes fighting against the Russian opression (Poles are generally Russophobic, so we stupidly like everthing and everybody that is against Russia)
Culture matters, ignoring this is a wishful thinking.

Are you joking? The migrant crisis has shattered the dynamic of our attitudes towards immigration and Muslims. We haven't seen some 2 odd million immigrants come in such a short space of time, all from Islamic regions, with the catalytic effect of terrorism which is driving far-right sympathy throughout Europe. Its absurd to say that some minor immigration 10 years ago is even comparable to the scale of what is happening now.

And they will integrate, just as how almost every single group of immigrants in history have. Them 'not knowing English' is pretty dumb to criticise when they've barely spent much time here, I'm not so sure that many past immigrants were fluent in English on arrival. Integration takes time, so criticising them 'not integrating' based on progress after 12 months is absurd. Especially when there is noticeable anti-immigrant sentiment which is contributing to the hypothetical slowing down of integration.

And I provided evidence, check out the link I sent...

But on the whole, stop whinging about this specific wave of immigrants when we are only 12 months into the process. Integration wasn't instantaneous in the past and it never will be.
But Mohammed and his behaviour are models for Moslems in all times, not just the seventh century.

The Quran doesn't command people to be pedophiles, his role model behaviour is obviously the other things he achieved in his life. Not to mention the fact that many Muslims acknowledge this and evidently don't go around marrying underage people.
his role model behaviour is obviously the other things he achieved in his life.

That is (a) not obvious at all and (b) not what the Koran says.

many Muslims acknowledge this and evidently don't go around marrying underage people.

Yet many do marry young girls.
That is (a) not obvious at all and (b) not what the Koran says.

Yet many do marry young girls.

prove this claim

inb4 some stupid whinging about how "wahh but you don't prove your OWN claims hypocrite"

Quick Reply