The Student Room Group

How do I know if a girl is only after my money?

Scroll to see replies

Your post invites a few questions. Would she be unable to maintain that lifestyle herself (ie, is she in or on course for a good job)? Do you find that you spend more money than her on the relationship?
If you're around a 4/10 and she's 9/10 (looks scale) - den she gold digging.
Original post by Juedjegfewo
I wasn't talking to you? When did you use the word "affronted"

I know you weren't - I'm talking to you though; you were responding to a person who was responding to me, and I thought it was just be faster to respond to you to tackle both sets of messages
I tried that, I took her on a cruise earlier this month, we went for a week and I refused to get the Regent Suite on the cruise and she was pretty pissed off
Original post by Lavaridge
Your post invites a few questions. Would she be unable to maintain that lifestyle herself (ie, is she in or on course for a good job)? Do you find that you spend more money than her on the relationship?

She wants to work with horses. She would have a better life than most with her Trust and maybe an average job, but nowhere near the life she has now.

I spend more money on the relationship, but my family are wealthier and in terms of percentage compared to each others respective estates I suppose it is a fair amount each
Original post by OwlOfFire
Does she ever offer to pay or does she ever buy you anything? If you seem to be paying for everything all the time and she doesn't even go halves then you might have a problem. Try cutting back on spending money and see if she says anything. Also look to see if she asks to go out to nice restaurants etc, then suggest going some where cheaper and see how she takes it.

She never offers to pay, but she does if I ask her to. She buys me things occasionally, but only on birthdays and Christmas.
The only problem is that I am also used to a certain life style, I've never been to a "cheap" restaurant so I'm sure both of use would be a little uncomfortable
Original post by Ezme39
Seems legit...
Or maybe the guy chooses to offer to pay, and girls just accept. I haven't known of a single girl who has 'told' a guy to pay, but most guys seem affronted if you ask them not to 😜
Your suggestion is kinda like a guy paying a girl to do housework, which isn't a relationship..?

On the contrary, it is quite attractive when a girl pays. It's basically her way of showing that she doesn't need the man and can pay and look after herself.
Original post by Anonymous
I tried that, I took her on a cruise earlier this month, we went for a week and I refused to get the Regent Suite on the cruise and she was pretty pissed off

Probably a gold digger then.
Reply 28
On the contrary, it is quite attractive when a girl pays. It's basically her way of showing that she doesn't need the man and can pay and look after herself.

Fair play! Every time I've tried, the guy insists. I always feel guilty and obliged when they do though :/
money attracts money

why wouldn't someone want to stay in the same lifestyle shes used to?
Original post by anarbayram
If you're around a 4/10 and she's 9/10 (looks scale) - den she gold digging.

I think she is ALOT more attractive than me, but I wouldn't say the disparity is that high. More like a 6/10 and a 10/10 (her obviously)
Don't give her any money for a while. If she dumps you then she is a gold digga and you don't need her in your life. If she stays with you then she isn't after you money, she actually likes/loves you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze
I wasn't talking about guys being offended - I was talking about girls being offended, by a guy not paying for it all...if you don't pay for a girl on a date, she will most likely stop dating you because girls are just like that. I was talking to my mother and sister about this the other day and they basically agreed with me completely, even though my point was that they were being chauvinistic against men

There's a tv show on E4 everyday 10pm called Celebs Go Dating and one woman called Stephanie Pratt decided not to go on a second date with an extremely good looking man she actually liked just because he did not pay the bill. Although she offered first she thought it was wrong of him to allow her to go through with it. Although there was another reason too but i thought it was stupid not to see him again just for not paying. If she does not think women should pay on a date then she should tell him this, it's no wonder she is single and can't find a man.
This show started on Monday so anyone interested in watching it can watch all the repeats on catch up tv, internet. It's also on tonight too.
It's really funny to watch people screwing up a first date and saying ridiculous things that put other's off wanting to see them again
Reply 33
What are you complaining about ?
Original post by Judge Judy
There's a tv show on E4 everyday 10pm called Celebs Go Dating and one woman called Stephanie Pratt decided not to go on a second date with an extremely good looking man she actually liked just because he did not pay the bill. Although she offered first she thought it was wrong of him to allow her to go through with it. Although there was another reason too but i thought it was stupid not to see him again just for not paying. If she does not think women should pay on a date then she should tell him this, it's no wonder she is single and can't find a man.
This show started on Monday so anyone interested in watching it can watch all the repeats on catch up tv, internet. It's also on tonight too.
It's really funny to watch people screwing up a first date and saying ridiculous things that put other's off wanting to see them again

if you literally have to pay a woman to go out with you (which is essentially what a date like this would amount to) then that woman is nothing but a cheap skank who is very likely to be a massive hypocrite when it comes to gender norms - they will want to benefits of feminism but also the benefits of what is known for some reason as the patriarchy - and honestly, if women live in a world where they get paid to meet men that they actually want to go out with (or else why would they agree to the date in the first place?) then that's hardly a dystopia for women now is it? **** society. honestly, there's honestly no mother****ing way I would do anything less than split a bill either 50/50 or get her to pay for whatever food she happened to have, because I am not going to be the slightest bit attracted to a girl who thinks that a man should pay for her for no logical reason other than "I think that's how it should be" - I am a human being, not a wallet on legs - I think all women should put out after the first date but you don't see women falling in line for that desired norm now do you? if a woman actually *expects* a man to pay for her food because "it's gentlemanly" then she is literally lower than a prostitute to me - a prostitute at least makes you pay for something that's probably worth it to some extent - but if you're paying for a woman's dinner (probably about £20) for literally nothing in return, then objectively a prostitute is more worthy of my money than she is
(edited 7 years ago)
if you literally have to pay a woman to go out with you (which is essentially what a date like this would amount to) then that woman is nothing but a cheap skank who is very likely to be a massive hypocrite when it comes to gender norms - they will want to benefits of feminism but also the benefits of what is known for some reason as the patriarchy - and honestly, if women live in a world where they get paid to meet men that they actually want to go out with (or else why would they agree to the date in the first place?) then that's hardly a dystopia for women now is it? **** society. honestly, there's honestly no mother****ing way I would do anything less than split a bill either 50/50 or get her to pay for whatever food she happened to have, because I am not going to be the slightest bit attracted to a girl who thinks that a man should pay for her for no logical reason other than "I think that's how it should be" - I am a human being, not a wallet on legs - I think all women should put out after the first date but you don't see women falling in line for that desired norm now do you? if a woman actually *expects* a man to pay for her food because "it's gentlemanly" then she is literally lower than a prostitute to me - a prostitute at least makes you pay for something that's probably worth it to some extent - but if you're paying for a woman's dinner (probably about £20) for literally nothing in return, then objectively a prostitute is more worthy of my money than she is

Wow, you must have really been hurt by women in the past
That's really disgusting that you think a woman should put out on a first date, if she's a prostitute then obviously she's going to but not most women who are not pro's.
Plus there's nothing wrong with a woman expecting a man to pay all the time as that is what real gentlemen do. My point is if this woman Stephanie thought it was wrong the man let her pay she should have told him this instead of just dumping him and not giving him a second chance as he was happy to pay it but she was dumb enough to offer first.
I would never pay half and it's an insult for a man to suggest that i do but the only reason for that is because i'm way too nice to them and men would take advantage of that. When ever i have gone on a date i never order anything expensive , i try to order the cheapest thing so they don't have to spend too much which i should not worry about trying to save them money but i do. I'm sure most women will order the most expensive food or drink on the menu and drink like a fish because they don't have to pay.
But with your attitude of paying 50/50 you carry on staying single.
And where on earth did you get the idea that it only costs £20 to pay for a woman's dinner ? you cheap skate
Only poor men who don't earn much get angry that a woman would dare expect the man to pay.
Plus not all women let the man pay, some of them ( maybe not many ) do offer to pay the full bill or 50/50
It's not the worst crime in the world that women expect men to pay.
I feel sorry for any woman that ends up with you with your anger issues and secret hatred for women
Good luck with only paying for prostitutes
Original post by Judge Judy
Wow, you must have really been hurt by women in the past
That's really disgusting that you think a woman should put out on a first date, if she's a prostitute then obviously she's going to but not most women who are not pro's.
Plus there's nothing wrong with a woman expecting a man to pay all the time as that is what real gentlemen do. My point is if this woman Stephanie thought it was wrong the man let her pay she should have told him this instead of just dumping him and not giving him a second chance as he was happy to pay it but she was dumb enough to offer first.
I would never pay half and it's an insult for a man to suggest that i do but the only reason for that is because i'm way too nice to them and men would take advantage of that. When ever i have gone on a date i never order anything expensive , i try to order the cheapest thing so they don't have to spend too much which i should not worry about trying to save them money but i do. I'm sure most women will order the most expensive food or drink on the menu and drink like a fish because they don't have to pay.
But with your attitude of paying 50/50 you carry on staying single.
And where on earth did you get the idea that it only costs £20 to pay for a woman's dinner ? you cheap skate
Only poor men who don't earn much get angry that a woman would dare expect the man to pay.
Plus not all women let the man pay, some of them ( maybe not many ) do offer to pay the full bill or 50/50
It's not the worst crime in the world that women expect men to pay.
I feel sorry for any woman that ends up with you with your anger issues and secret hatred for women
Good luck with only paying for prostitutes

why should a man "put out" in terms of his wallet when a woman shouldn't "put out" in terms of something else? why are you enforcing a gender norm for the first occasion but not the second? if she said yes to the date, that either means 1) she is only after his money (food), or 2) she actually likes him. with these two options, if she was only after the man's money then she's not worth his time because that means that she isn't actually *attracted* to him as a person but merely as a man with a wallet. with the second option of "she actually likes him" then it's pretty possible (or probable, depending) that the woman *would* "put out" anyway. maybe not the first date, but certainly one following. I mean what would she have to be not to if she *actually* liked him? some kind of christian? in 2016? lol.

so a woman who expects the man to pay for it all is objectively not worth any time or money and if you think that I will only get a girlfriend if I "put out" in the way that you're referring to, then you're basically telling me that most of (if not all) women are golddiggers, which is a misogynistic thing to think of women.
(edited 7 years ago)
why should a man "put out" in terms of his wallet when a woman shouldn't "put out" in terms of something else? why are you enforcing a gender norm for the first occasion but not the second? if she said yes to the date, that either means 1) she is only after his money (food), or 2) she actually likes him. with these two options, if she was only after the man's money then she's not worth his time because that means that she isn't actually *attracted* to him as a person but merely as a man with a wallet. with the second option of "she actually likes him" then it's pretty possible (or probable, depending) that the woman *would* "put out" anyway. maybe not the first date, but certainly one following. I mean what would she have to be not to if she *actually* liked him? some kind of christian? in 2016? lol.

so a woman who expects the man to pay for it all is objectively not worth any time or money and if you think that I will only get a girlfriend if I "put out" in the way that you're referring to, then you're basically telling me that most of (if not all) women are golddiggers, which is a misogynistic thing to think of women.

Look mate, l'm a Judge not a Doctor so i can't help you with your issues you have with women
Plus I prefer Chicken not Beef
I need advice. I have a girlfriend who likes to live a certain way due to her family back ground. We both come from affluent families and I am worried that she is only with me because I can provide the sort of lifestyle she has become accustomed too

They're all the same. When they are younger they all want the big G and when they are older it is the little g. Use your imagination!
if you tell a man that he should pay for the first date and it's apparently not seixst against men as a gender to have that expectation

Of course it's sexist. Most people nowadays recognise that as sexist, and are opposed to it.

Please stop making things up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending