Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

''You are required to verify your account'' Student Finance

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So I have received an email from SF which says I need to verify my account on the SF website but when I actually access the site it says everything is approved but the status for the payments are all blocked...? It also says how SF need to confirm with national insurance. Do I need to do something myself or is it just waiting on them now? And if not, why did they ask me to verify something

There has been fraudulent Phishing emails being sent to some students asking to verify details. We would never ask you to verify your student account details by email. I would advise you to send a screenshot of the email to the following email address
    [email protected]

Please don't click on any links contained in it. The following is a link to the press release about this phishing scam:

When payments are showing as blocked due to the national insurance number this is due to us having to send national insurance number to DWP for validation, you are not required to do anything for this. Once they national insurance number is returned as valid this will unblock the payments.

I'll send a screenshot to that email
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2016
Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.