Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Need help leaving current job at primark?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So I'm currently working in primark on a part time contract, 8 hours a week. I've been working since the end of July, but I now need to leave for university (I know, I'm a jacka**) I asked my Hr manager for a transfer, I don't quite want to but I feel that I do owe it to the company. She then said I need to hand in a transfer request, but I'm leaving on the 24th. Also, I'm waiting to receive my uniform as I don't want to disrespect people there anymore than I have

So I was wondering, will telling them this weekend be fair? Or should I go in earlier? Should I hand in a resignation letter or just a transfer letter and mention that I'd be resigning anyway come 23rd unless I can find a place? Do I also need to tell my department supervisors?

I'm doing the exact same thing. I just went to ask the store manager for a transfer, and she sent an email to the new place. Also, why are you worried about disresepcting people? Are you trained in almost everywhere? Because if so, that helps. Truth is, the sooner you tell them, the sooner they can sort a transfer out for you. You dont have to stay once you have transfered, but it would be handy to have a job guarenteed there for the time being until you can find a better job

It is best to tell Primark as soon as possible when you are planning on leaving. If you are definitely wanting to leave I would hand in your letter of resignation to your HR manager. You will then be required to work 1 weeks notice and then you will be able to leave. It would be polite to tell your department supervisors, however this is not necessary.

i hope that this has helped

Thanks for the responses! I'd probably just hand in a letter of resignation this weekend or earlier if I get a chance, I'm not quite sure how the transfer thing works if they're going to expect me to continue working there if they don't successfully transfer me, and I don't quite want a job until I settle down, so just handing a resignation letter to HR seems like the easiest and the best solution
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 31, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.