Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Disabled Students Allowance help?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm going back to college after 3 years to study AAT Level 4 and wanted to know what help I could get through DSA?

    I have OCD, ADHD, Dyslexia and undiagnosed ongoing back pain. Everytime I'm asked what help I need I'm unsure what to say as I'm unsure what can be offered. I receive PIP enhanced for both components and I'm in the ESA support group.

    Any advice on what assistance DSA could offer, how it's paid, evidence needed etc would be much appreciated

    DSA will only pay for costs you have as a disabled student and not everyday disability costs. For example, you may get things like a note taker, some software and exam concessions, such as extra time. It would not pay for things like prescriptions.

    You need to check first that your course is designated for DSA funding. If it's not, you will need to speak to your college to see what help they can offer.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.