The Student Room Group

London shooting leaves 1 critically injured

A shooting in London is hardly news

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

It kinda is. There aren't many shootings in London, or even stabbing a these days. It's a lot safer now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

a multi-fatality maybe but one injured that's multiple times a day in some areas
Original post by Trapz99
It kinda is. There aren't many shootings in London, or even stabbing a these days. It's a lot safer now.

Based on the 1999-2009 stats (what I have in front of me) there are on average 8 or 9 "gun enabled crimes" daily in London
Reply 5
Based on the 1999-2009 stats (what I have in front of me) there are on average 8 or 9 "gun enabled crimes" daily in London

Crime has gone down a lot since 2009. And gun enabled crime could be anything where the criminal has a gun- it also contains crimes carried out with air guns,

assuming 'gun enabled crimes' translates 100% to shootings
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is but stabbings aint

Original post by Trapz99

Swer there were 4 stabbings yesterday in that carnival thing and over like 400 arrests
Original post by alevelstresss
assuming 'gun enabled crimes' translates 100% to shootings

Of course not 100%, but all you need is every one in 50 to end up with somebody being shot and you have more than one shooting per week, gun homicides alone you expect one every other month alone, and that's only the homicides (you're rather unlucky if shot in a city and dying)

Even only two years ago there was an average of one bullet discharged a day in London illegally and a person being struck every 3 or 4 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending