The Student Room Group

English Literature coursework retake

Is it possible for me to retake a piece of English Literature coursework from my 2nd year of A-levels along with some other exams? If it is possible then how do I ask for the retake?
Reply 1
You can retake coursework to make it a higher mark.
Reply 2
Original post by Pato1
You can retake coursework to make it a higher mark.

So I can ask them if I can retake it at any point?
Reply 3
Yes but you can't do the same coursework title
Reply 4
In principle it's possible, in practice it could be incredibly difficult. I presume you have now left school so would be taking it as a private candidate. Finding a centre that accepts private candidates for coursework is very difficult, your best shot is re-sitting it where you have just taken it if they will let you. However, the new Y13s will be taking the new Linear A level so they may well not want to sort out an entry for this just for you.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
In principle it's possible, in practice it could be incredibly difficult. I presume you have now left school so would be taking it as a private candidate. Finding a centre that accepts private candidates for coursework is very difficult, your best shot is re-sitting it where you have just taken it if they will let you. However, the new Y13s will be taking the new Linear A level so they may well not want to sort out an entry for this just for you.

I have left my 6th form yes, do you know if, if they allow me to resubmit the coursework, would it be along the lines of being an external student whilst I resubmit it similar to how you don't go back into the college whilst resitting exams?
Reply 6
Original post by Danzh
I have left my 6th form yes, do you know if, if they allow me to resubmit the coursework, would it be along the lines of being an external student whilst I resubmit it similar to how you don't go back into the college whilst resitting exams?

Probably, but you'd have to talk to the school.

Quick Reply

Latest