The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no you need A2, although some uni takes AS if one of them is took in your second year and another in your second

Yes, but generally you would need alot of experience if you were going into undergraduate degree.

Experience is more for postgraduate degree e.g you had degree in subject such as English but your in a job such as forensic science and had been doing it for sevearl years, you could go into a postgraduate forensic degree rather than an English one if you went into it straight after

hope that helps
Reply 2
It depends on the university. Most will require full A-Levels, so AS and A2.

However, if you intend on applying as a mature student (if you’re over 21), then experience will count towards a lot more than your previous academic qualifications. How old are you, and what sort of experience do you have and in what?
HMA3000
Can you go to uni, with only as levels. and do u think u can goe to uni with experince

Not with English like that sunshine, i mean we all know what abbreviations are, but come on...:eek:
Business Man
Not with English like that sunshine, i mean we all know what abbreviations are, but come on...:eek:

Surely goe can't be a abbreviation of go? It can't be a typo either because o isn't anywhere near e on the keyboard.
Business Man

:rofl:
Reply 6
well listen. Dont be so academic on me on the summer time. my god get a life.
Reply 7
HMA3000

You didn't answer my:

How old are you, and what sort of experience do you have and in what?
Reply 8
it aint for me. its for one of my friend who is 22. he has experince in civil engineering
Reply 9
HMA3000
it aint for me. its for one of my friend who is 22. he has experince in civil engineering

How long has he had experience in civil engineering? Also, what does he intend to study? Civil engineering?

Since he will be a mature student, being over 21, not having A-Levels won’t be such an important factor. He should contact the universities he would like to study at and see what they say.

Also, what were his AS-Levels in? If he has Maths and Physics, then this will also strengthen his application.
With the exception of Scottish unis, where the degrees last an extra year, no uni will accept someone with just AS levels, even if they got 6 As. You need 2 full A-levels even for the crap unis, 3 (or sometimes 2 plus 2 AS levels) for decent unis and 3 plus an extra AS for a few top unis. However, as a mature student, your friend could do an Access course instead of A-levels. Experience is important for mature students and qualifications are less important than they are for 18 year olds, but I still think your friend would need to do some sort of level 3 course.
HMA3000

Awww... sorry mate i thought writing english correctly was all year round :laugh:
Reply 12
business man answer the question or dont, because all you do is talk waste

Latest