The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA

I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How do you feel when people call you an oxymoron?
How old are you?
Do your family accept you?
Reply 4
Have you read the Quran?
Are your parents religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this your troll account?
So were you planning on marrying a girl from back home that your parents will arrange for you and never tell her you're not actually attracted to her and secretly fantasise about males?
Reply 7
Are your parents religious/more liberal? Also, are you okay?
What do you think I should choose: Sociology or RE?
and thank you for your help...:smile:
Yosuf, right?
What do you mean by you don't plan on having a relationship? Does this also include casual sex and one night stands?
Tell your parents and hope they understand, you can't be expected to live your life in misery, I'm sure your parents will understand and they want what's best for you
Oh and OP, with 1.6 Billion Muslims, there must be millions more men like you, i'd imagine.
just make sure you don't marry a woman to please your parents and then refuse to sleep with her. its not fair on her.
you're better off just telling your parents or leaving home some day
Oxymoronic to say the least...
Reply 15
Original post by Mathemagicien
Would other muslims think of you as muslim?

I'm not sure. Some would, some would not.
Original post by Vividly clear
How do you feel when people call you an oxymoron?

No ones ever called me that.
Original post by Kryptonian
How old are you?

Original post by LifeIsFine
Do your family accept you?

Yes, but they don't know I'm gay.
Original post by Pulse.
Have you read the Quran?
Are your parents religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've read it. My parents are quite religious, like the average British Muslim family.
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
Is this your troll account?

No
Original post by Pinkberry_y
So were you planning on marrying a girl from back home that your parents will arrange for you and never tell her you're not actually attracted to her and secretly fantasise about males?

I'm not sure about this. My hope is that I will be able to cleanse myself of these urges through prayer and reading the Quran.
Original post by winenot
Are your parents religious/more liberal? Also, are you okay?

No, my parents aren't liberal but they aren't extremely conservative either.
Original post by tamil fever
What do you think I should choose: Sociology or RE?
and thank you for your help...:smile:

RE in my opinion would be better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by RogerFedora
Yosuf, right?

What?
Original post by markova21
What do you mean by you don't plan on having a relationship? Does this also include casual sex and one night stands?

I will not engage in any relationship or sex. Homosexual sex and relationships are forbidden in Islam.
Original post by laurab21
Tell your parents and hope they understand, you can't be expected to live your life in misery, I'm sure your parents will understand and they want what's best for you

I will not tell my parents. I am working on becoming heterosexual. Through prayer I will achieve thiss inshallah.
Original post by markova21
Oh and OP, with 1.6 Billion Muslims, there must be millions more men like you, i'd imagine.

Yeah I guess.
Original post by yungaheartz
just make sure you don't marry a woman to please your parents and then refuse to sleep with her. its not fair on her.
you're better off just telling your parents or leaving home some day

If I marry a woman, I will sleep with her and have children. It is possible for gay people to have heterosexual sex. I am working to turn away from homosexuality which is prescribed as a sin. I hope that one day I will be able to suppress these urges and have normal urges. I have reached out to people who have done this.
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

How old were you when you realised you were attracted to guys?
Where are you from(Ethnicity not Nationality)?
What would you do if your family choose to disown you?
Are you open with your sexuality? Like as in, do your friends(possibly close friends) know about your sexuality.
What do you think about the controversial beatings of homosexuals in Muslim countries and what would you do about it?
Do you live in the UK?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but please answer truthfully.
You're not going to be able to 'suppress' these urges unfortunately. People who told you they've done so are lying.
Original post by YoFadda

I am working on becoming heterosexual. Through prayer I will achieve thiss inshallah.

:erm:
you cant 'become heterosexual' lol, it is biology you either are or aren't no offence, not that anything is wrong with either and nothing should make it feel as though there is

Quick Reply

Latest