The Student Room Group

I'm a gay Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Not lying acc...they're in denial.
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

A gay Muslim? Isn't that extremely oxymoronic?
Reply 22
Original post by Defraction
How old were you when you realised you were attracted to guys?
Where are you from(Ethnicity not Nationality)?
What would you do if your family choose to disown you?
Are you open with your sexuality? Like as in, do your friends(possibly close friends) know about your sexuality.
What do you think about the controversial beatings of homosexuals in Muslim countries and what would you do about it?
Do you live in the UK?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but please answer truthfully.

15 years old.I'm Indian.No, no one knows about this.I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, homosexuality is a sin in Islam and people who have homosexual relationships and sex in countries ruled by the Sharia should be punished for those sins. On the other hand, I believe that they should be given help to cleanse themselves of homosexual desires. I hope to one day have normal urges and no homosexual urges.
I live in the UK, in London.
Can't say much but.. Hi :hi: How are you?
Be happy and proud of yourself, whoever you are and no matter what. :biggrin:
Why are you muslim? :holmes:
Were you born gay or did you become gay?

If you were born like that do you think God made you this way and if so why because I thought it was forbidden, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
What was the BBC documentary that was on about 6 months ago? About the Muslim guy who was not only gay but was a Transvestite? He/She wanted to become a singer and travelled out to Pakistan to meet other gay men. Did anyone else see it?
Reply 27
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
You're not going to be able to 'suppress' these urges unfortunately. People who told you they've done so are lying.

I will inshallah. I know that it can be done. Allah has presented me with a test to see if I will remain faithful to him or if I will succumb to evil. I can and will change and I will no longer have these urges one day.
Original post by Salamandastron
:erm:
you cant 'become heterosexual' lol, it is biology you either are or aren't no offence, not that anything is wrong with either and nothing should make it feel as though there is

Allah has the power to do anything. He has presented me with a test of faith. I need to pray and dedicate my life to him and to changing my ways and it will happen inshallah
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
Not lying acc...they're in denial.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
A gay Muslim? Isn't that extremely oxymoronic?

Yes because homosexuality is forbidden in Islam but I will change one day.
Original post by YoFadda
15 years old.I'm Indian.No, no one knows about this.I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, homosexuality is a sin in Islam and people who have homosexual relationships and sex in countries ruled by the Sharia should be punished for those sins. On the other hand, I believe that they should be given help to cleanse themselves of homosexual desires. I hope to one day have normal urges and no homosexual urges.
I live in the UK, in London.

Wait, do you think you personally being attracted to the same sex is haram? You obviously think homosexuality is haram but do you think your feelings and the attraction you have to the same sex is haram?
Reply 29
Original post by Electrospective
Why are you muslim? :holmes:

Because I believe it.
Original post by Kryptonian
Were you born gay or did you become gay?
If you were born like that did God make you this way and if so why?

I believe that Allah made me have these desires to test whether I will remain faithful to him or whether I will succumb to evil. I believe and know that I can change and turn away from these desires.
Reply 30
Wait, do you think you personally being attracted to the same sex is haram? You obviously think homosexuality is haram but do you think your feelings and the attraction you have to the same sex is haram?

Yes
Original post by YoFadda
Because I believe it.

I believe that Allah made me have these desires to test whether I will remain faithful to him or whether I will succumb to evil. I believe and know that I can change and turn away from these desires.

What if you don't? What if you are gay your whole life? Would you lose faith?
Original post by YoFadda

Allah has the power to do anything. He has presented me with a test of faith. I need to pray and dedicate my life to him and to changing my ways and it will happen inshallah

Right well whatever u want to do.
Reply 33
Original post by YoFadda
Because I believe it.

What happens if you go to heaven? Do you think you will still be gay?
Original post by markova21
What was the BBC documentary that was on about 6 months ago? About the Muslim guy who was not only gay but was a Transvestite? He/She wanted to become a singer and travelled out to Pakistan to meet other gay men. Did anyone else see it?

Yeah I did. He was also on a show, called Free Speech or something as well. Although I personally don't see the point in why someone like that would be muslim, fair enough if you think it's wrong and you suppress it but he doesn't!
Original post by YoFadda
Yes

So, you being homosexual was clearly a phase?

But the real question is right now are you still attracted to men or the opposite sex?
Reply 36
Original post by Kryptonian
What if you don't? What if you are gay your whole life? Would you lose faith?

No, I know that it can be changed. I will change and cleanse myself of these urges one day.

Original post by mrahim
What happens if you go to heaven? Do you think you will still be gay?

No homosexual will enter Paradise. I will change and remove these desires through faith and the methods available.
Original post by Electrospective
Yeah I did. He was also on a show, called Free Speech or something as well. Although I personally don't see the point in why someone like that would be muslim, fair enough if you think it's wrong and you suppress it but he doesn't!

Just Googled it. He's called Asifa Lahore. Looks really pretty as a female.
Original post by YoFadda
I'm a guy attracted to guys. I haven't told my parents and I don't plan on having a relationship.

Ignore that sin crap, its a load of crap.
Get out of that religion and be free,
Reply 39
So, you being homosexual was clearly a phase?

But the real question is right now are you still attracted to men or the opposite sex?

I feel that I can change and become a normal person with normal urges and desires. I am unfortunately still having these homosexual desires but I feel that progress is being made. I am slowly gaining more normal urges and gaining fight in Allah

Quick Reply

Latest