The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

13 4ths in 60 years, no wonder we're a laughing stock
Reply 461
Win tomorrow and that puts us level with 3rd. Decent. Not even thinking of title but 2nd place would be something in a league vs Pep.
I would like us to try this variation of 4-3-3. I think Ozil can play on the right if given license to drift into the middle like a winger/playmaker hybrid that Wenger likes. He plays the role for Germany and central midfielder drops into the right midfield/wing position (vacated gaps) as the opposition left back tracks Ozil.

I think this formation would suit the personnel we have and address the weaknesses in the team.

What about the game after tomorrow's, if we win that one we push another manager that Roman hired, towards the exit door:wink:
Original post by midnightice
So apparently Reus was the 'madness' we were in for throughout the summer.
http://www.afcamden.com/single-post/2016/09/14/Summertime-Madness

Imagine having Reus on the wing instead of that **** Ox. Weeping.

Imagine believing that autistic narcissist itk... if we turned round and spent more than £40mil on any player this muppet would have claimed they were the madness and not Reus.
I swear if Wenger starts f*cking Coquelin today...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
We were absolutely abysmal for an hour on Tuesday. So what does Wenger do? Pick exactly the same XI in the same positions, even though it doesn't work. Bravo.

GET COQUELIN IN THE BIN AND PLAY XHAKA FOR F*CK SAKE.

Original post by leinad2012
Imagine believing that autistic narcissist itk... if we turned round and spent more than £40mil on any player this muppet would have claimed they were the madness and not Reus.

It's amazing how guallible these people are. I'm not even mad at those ***** anymore they're making easy bills. I'm so pissed I'm too lazy to take advantage of our fanbase.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
We were absolutely abysmal for an hour on Tuesday. So what does Wenger do? Pick exactly the same XI in the same positions, even though it doesn't work. Bravo.

He is obsessed with the idea that Alexis is a striker when the guy just drops deep so often and provides no real passing option for the midfielders.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

Ah of course PSG= Hull city
Original post by James.Carnell
He is obsessed with the idea that Alexis is a striker when the guy just drops deep so often and provides no real passing option for the midfielders.

Lucas must be feeling like sh*t, the only recognised striker we have and he's on the bench.
It's obvious were going for movement and attacking interchange up front hence the front 5. Ease Perez into it and let giroud come in if we need to get physical.

It's hull city. Line up shouldn't matter much.

Chill.
Original post by atom y humber
Ah of course PSG= Hull city

Doesn't matter. We struggled to create chances as Alexis kept coming towards the ball and there was no one in the box/running in behind to pick out.
It's obvious were going for movement and attacking interchange up front hence the front 5. Ease Perez into it and let giroud come in if we need to get physical.

Chill.

They nearly took 3 points against United but for a jammy United goal at the end.
Reply 475

Chill.

They beat Leicester and only lost 1-0 to United, it's hardly a walkover
Original post by difeo
They beat Leicester and only lost 1-0 to United, it's hardly a walkover

They're playing Liverpool after this too :frown:

They're favourites for top 4 tbh
Pretty open game so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know what Arsenal are now, a team who try too hard to be all macho. Nobody is scared of the team. Anyone can disrespect Wenger and claim he's a nobody; that, in other fans' eyes, is totally justified because he wins nothing nowadays.
It's as the saying goes. Us winning is just luck.
#Big17 :love:

Quick Reply

Latest