The Student Room Group

GCSE option change

At the moment I am in year 9 and it is the summer holidays where I am going into year 10. After rollover week (the week where we test being year 10) I am already unhappy with one of the optionS have picked. With less than a week to go until the new year begins, I am not sure if I will be able to swap resistant materials with sport.

Any help or advice would be very kindly appreciated.
Usually there is a period of a couple of weeks at the start of the year where students can drop and change subjects. Get in touch with your teachers/other relevant person (I can't remember exactly who to contact, it's been a while since I did GCSEs!) shortly before/once the term begins and see whether swapping would be possible :smile:
Original post by James257oky
At the moment I am in year 9 and it is the summer holidays where I am going into year 10. After rollover week (the week where we test being year 10) I am already unhappy with one of the optionS have picked. With less than a week to go until the new year begins, I am not sure if I will be able to swap resistant materials with sport.

Any help or advice would be very kindly appreciated.

When I decided that childcare wasn't for me, I went to my head of year for help. She changed it very quickly and it took a day or two. They're very willing and understanding in the first few weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Sometimes option changes aren't possible due to the way your timetable is worked out.
It might be a good idea to speak to your sport teacher first to make sure there's room for you and they're willing to accept you and then when you go to your Head of year or Head of key stage you will have almost sorted it. :wink:
It really depends on school. In my school for example, some students just showed up to the lessons they wanted to take even though they picked something else for their options and the teachers didn't mind (they just had to change the register). In your case I'd definitely let the teacher know in advance asap that you want to change subjects, and unless the course is oversubscribed, they should have no reason to decline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I changed two of my subjects - History to Geography and Psychology to Computer Science. I just went to my deputy head's office and they sorted it out for me. :h: However, this was before I actually started my GCSEs, but already had chosen my options.
If you went through the whole year being taught resistant materials surely it would be too late to swap to sport because you would be behind?

Quick Reply

Latest