Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Funding for a second degree?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi. I graduated university in 2014 with a degree. For various reasons I now regret this choice and would like to go back to university to study something else.

    I am aware that I can apply for additional finance for Medicine, Dentistry or Healthcare or for a Part-Time course in Engineering, IT/Computing or Technology but was wondering if there is anyway at all I could possibly have my previous degree declared null? I could provide medical evidence of a long standing mental health condition if this will help my case.

    I feel like I've wasted my chance at a better life and career - there's no way I'd be able to afford university without student loans.

    Hi there.

    If you have obtained a previous degree there is no way we would be able to ignore that when considering any new funding for you.

    We would only take into consideration any medical conditions that led to you failing to complete a course, but if you actually managed to obtain a qualification from the course then this will not apply.


    hello, I have used up 2 years of student finance already and have been offered a place to start a new degree in nutrition and health will i get full funding?

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
What were/are your predicted grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.