The Student Room Group

Can I just ask how do some girls get boyfriends so easily?

I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any advice or comments will be appreciated!! Xx
how do boys get girlfriends so easily? even my younger brother has a girlfriend now lmao XD
Reply 3
Well idk! Ask your brother for his secret haha
Original post by Yasoob Shah
how do boys get girlfriends so easily? even my younger brother has a girlfriend now lmao XD
Original post by Anonymous
I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

you cannot do much about your physical beauty just wear some make up.
but you can try to improve your personality, i haven't seen it but try the personality of the girls who you think get the the boys easily.
Reply 5
Don't actively seek out getting a boyfriend. Just enjoy your time at uni and in the societies. If it happens it happens, but perhaps just focus on yourself and enjoying the single life. :yep:
Approach guys instead of waiting for one to approach you.
Reply 7
Original post by Yasoob Shah
you cannot do much about your physical beauty just wear some make up.
but you can try to improve your personality, i haven't seen it but try the personality of the girls who you think get the the boys easily.

I don't really know what kind of personality they have I haven't observed it property but I was hoping someone on here who's more experienced could tell me :/
Well idk! Ask your brother for his secret haha

i am the one who got him a gf and i doid the same for many of my cousins and friends. they all come to me for advises but idk how i am single lmao xD
Reply 9
They...open up...easily.

You know.. like open up..

Like emotionally confide in them and the guy becomes their rock. Someone that can help them along the way and cheer them up...

Yeaah...that..
Stop waiting for guys to come to you, is my advice. Be a bit more forward, ask them out instead.
Original post by Airmed
Don't actively seek out getting a boyfriend. Just enjoy your time at uni and in the societies. If it happens it happens, but perhaps just focus on yourself and enjoying the single life. :yep:

People say this but then you get my mum who says some girls just have it in them to get a boyfriend whenever they want, they just know how to do it. All these girls that get boyfriends so quickly - are they not actively looking for one either? I bet my luck I'll end up being 35, not actively looking but still without a boyfriend :frown: :frown:

Original post by Lazarus26
Approach guys instead of waiting for one to approach you.

I've tried this. At a ball I went up to this guy I had been crushing on for a while (admittedly I was a bit drunk) and talked to him but after a while he just ended up wandering off with his friend and he hasn't added me on Facebook or anything since :/
Because they are "easy"
I don't really know what kind of personality they have I haven't observed it property but I was hoping someone on here who's more experienced could tell me :/

for me the feature which attracts me the most is hair. and some, well many boys prefer a*** too. according to me you should wear light simple make up smile shyly more often and just be girly like come on dude you can do it.
Reply 14
Ok serious answer now. They literally flirt with them so bad that they end up having sex.

They have sex again again. The girl gets attached.

She begs him for commitment. So if you want a boyfriend, flirt and get some continuous action.

Disclaimer : Continuous bans by TSR has caused my 100% honesty to be watered down. I have been forced to omit some details. As a consequence, there are some inaccuracies.
Original post by RooshV
They...open up...easily.

You know.. like open up..

Like emotionally confide in them and the guy becomes their rock. Someone that can help them along the way and cheer them up...

Yeaah...that..

I thought guys didn't really like emotionally unstable girls? It's a bit out of the blue isn't it if I just randomly spill out my life to a guy I don't even know that well

Original post by WoodyMKC
Stop waiting for guys to come to you, is my advice. Be a bit more forward, ask them out instead.

How do I ask them out? When people say this they make it sound so simple but I literally have no real experience with guys. The awkward dating moments people go through when they're 15/16/17, I never had. I got thrown in the deep end when I started uni and went crazy kissing lots of guys drunk but no relationships came of them.
I also know a bunch of girls who were definitely asked out by the guy first who made the first move with them :/
Original post by RooshV
Ok serious answer now. They literally flirt with them so bad that they end up having sex.

They have sex again again. The girl gets attached.

She begs him for commitment. So if you want a boyfriend, flirt and get some continuous action.

Disclaimer : Continuous bans by TSR has caused my 100% honesty to be watered down. I have been forced to omit some details. As a consequence, there are some inaccuracies.

Please be as honest as you want with me I'm certainly not going to report you. This is the reason why I made this thread, I want some actual answers, nothing watered down, the bare truth
Reply 17
Please be as honest as you want with me I'm certainly not going to report you. This is the reason why I made this thread, I want some actual answers, nothing watered down, the bare truth

Yeah what you quoted is my answer. 'Open up' not emotionally..literally.
Reply 18
People say this but then you get my mum who says some girls just have it in them to get a boyfriend whenever they want, they just know how to do it. All these girls that get boyfriends so quickly - are they not actively looking for one either? I bet my luck I'll end up being 35, not actively looking but still without a boyfriend :frown: :frown:

I managed to do it and I bet you anything I'm more awkward than you. You just need to not put yourself down so much and perhaps put yourself out there, which was suggested above.
Reply 19

From my experience, throwing the occasional flirty/ cute text helps to make them think of me in a different way :smile: around half of my good guy friends have progressed into relationships, though not all of them have lasted very long. There is definitely a different way that I behave around a guy I'm interested in, and they tend to act on it :smile:

Quick Reply