The Student Room Group

Can I just ask how do some girls get boyfriends so easily?

Scroll to see replies

Lose some weight, get a healthy body, perhaps that's your problem (I can't tell).
Original post by Anonymous
I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

Be more proactive, and meet more guys. Don't put pressure on yourself to hit it off with everyone you meet, though. Look out for signs of guys that may be attracted to you, and ask out guys that you are attracted to.
Stop focusing on the high level, hard-and-fast methods for getting a boyfriend and try to develop as a person first. The rest will follow.
Original post by zzFishstick
Lose some weight, get a healthy body, perhaps that's your problem (I can't tell).

I'm not fat, if anything I'm underweight, but I already work out to tone up.

Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Stop focusing on the high level, hard-and-fast methods for getting a boyfriend and try to develop as a person first. The rest will follow.

I watched that video, thanks. He does speak sense and it was calming to hear what he had to say. I think he's right though about being detached about needing a guy to complete you. I think I've set high expectations, that having a boyfriend will make me happier and I'll be a more complete person. But I don't think I will
Original post by Smack
Be more proactive, and meet more guys. Don't put pressure on yourself to hit it off with everyone you meet, though. Look out for signs of guys that may be attracted to you, and ask out guys that you are attracted to.

What are the signs a guy likes me? In the past I've got vibes a guy has liked me but they've gone and asked other girls out instead :frown:
OP are you willing to post up a pic, or perhaps send some of us a link? I doubt you're unattractive, but you may give off a vibe or your body language may be a bit off.

I've had people message me before like this, so if you want more personal help then feel free to send a PM.

What are the signs a guy likes me? In the past I've got vibes a guy has liked me but they've gone and asked other girls out instead :frown:

I don't think you quite absorbed the information in the video you watched. You still sound desperate for a guy's attention.
Original post by stereoashhh
I disagree tbh. We all have flaws and things about ourselves we want to change. There's nothing wrong with changing for the better. It's not necessarily changing to fit in.

changing you for you is one thing.

Changing for others is something else
Exactly OMG this is my problem. If there's a guy I really like my mouth literally clamps shut and I can't say anything or when j do it just sounds like I have social problems or am really snobby when it's just because I'm really shy. I genuinely admire girls who can go up to a guy they like and just start talking to them, I think I'd rather shave off my eyebrows than do that

I can talk to guys I'm friends with obviously but I get nervous when I'm around a guy I like. Fingers crossed I find someone at uni :colondollar:

When I like a girl I just generally want to be in her presence.

It's possible that the guy(s) in question did like you, but also liked someone else, and for whatever reason asked them out first.
You could just embrace your inner hoe and grind on a guy in a club. Instant success.

Then again, I'm guessing you go to loughborough judging from your posts. I heard the clubs are dead there
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
I don't think you quite absorbed the information in the video you watched. You still sound desperate for a guy's attention.

I was just curious to know, I can still be aware of signals even if I'm a self fulfilled person
Original post by lucabrasi98
You could just embrace your inner hoe and grind on a guy in a club. Instant success.

Then again, I'm guessing you go to loughborough judging from your posts. I heard the clubs are dead there

No I don't go to Loughborough, but I am in a really big city, with still no luck
Original post by Smack
When I like a girl I just generally want to be in her presence.

It's possible that the guy(s) in question did like you, but also liked someone else, and for whatever reason asked them out first.

Clearly not enough if they asked her out instead of me :frown:
I was just curious to know, I can still be aware of signals even if I'm a self fulfilled person

Being fulfilled isn't something you can just will on yourself. It takes time and work towards that goal. Being preoccupied by analysing other people isn't working towards that goal. I'm only saying this because you seemed interested in development, but if you're not, that's fine too.
Clearly not enough if they asked her out instead of me :frown:

Maybe were getting better vibes from other girl. Since people don't like rejection, they're more likely to ask out those who are least likely to reject them, assuming there is an attraction.
People say this but then you get my mum who says some girls just have it in them to get a boyfriend whenever they want, they just know how to do it. All these girls that get boyfriends so quickly - are they not actively looking for one either? I bet my luck I'll end up being 35, not actively looking but still without a boyfriend :frown: :frown:

I've tried this. At a ball I went up to this guy I had been crushing on for a while (admittedly I was a bit drunk) and talked to him but after a while he just ended up wandering off with his friend and he hasn't added me on Facebook or anything since :/

First off all, i dont known any guys who likes girls that are drunk and sh!t. The only reason why the probably done that because of the moment.

Two, its not that deep ( meaning bad or serious) to be single. Just enjoy kife girl ☺😃
Original post by silverbolt
no. This is not good advice. Do not change who you are to fit in how you perceive others should want you to be

i said so because she didn't get any bf while being original and thought that other girls got bf because of their personality so i said to try their personality.
Don't try to change yourself to fit someone you're not. Change yourself to be more yourself.
I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

I really wanna know what I can do to improve myself, can you guys please please offer some, any advice!

It not about who you are or what you look like. It's about the guys you are talking to and the way you are talking to them. How open you are also plays a huge part. I had crushes on specific guys and it turned out to be a mutual interest and I would have loved to have dated them instead of the *******s I did end up dating and although i was pretty outgoing I was never really honest about how I felt about them and vice versa. Tip is if you like a guy, flirt a lot, If they flirt back then that would be a sign that they like you. talk to them. If they're talking about personal things perhaps they like you. MOST IMPORTANTLY WHEN YOU KNOW YOU LIKE THEM AND YOU THINK THEY LIKE YOU TELL THEM! Don't wait for them to make the first move. If you want to be in a relationship with someone the first step is communication. I think the common cause of struggling to find a relationship is simply lack of communication.
I went to an all girls school and 6th form yet despite that some girls there still found boyfriends and met guys fairly easily whereas I did not know a single guy in all 7 years.
Then I go to uni which is known to be a male dominated uni where you'd think my chances would be sky high at getting a boyfriend but no, a big fat ZERO! I have guy friends but that's it, no ones asked me out, never kissed a guy sober. I have kissed a few guys drunk but they haven't messaged me the next day or when they see me around they don't really converse that much with me.
What am I doing wrong?! I'm in a sports society at uni and it's mixed sex where a few people have found met other guys through it and dated, whereas for me there had been ZERO interest.
Whereas some girls can literally get any guy they want or are barley single for more than a few months. Some of these girls aren't even good looking and I know that looks are definitely not everything, but they must have some attractive personality but what?

Do not seek out a boyfriend. Your judgement will be clouded. You will get/find a boyfriend. failing that I can take you for a coffee, walk in the park and feed some ducks :colondollar:
Original post by amylaraman
It not about who you are or what you look like. It's about the guys you are talking to and the way you are talking to them. How open you are also plays a huge part. I had crushes on specific guys and it turned out to be a mutual interest and I would have loved to have dated them instead of the *******s I did end up dating and although i was pretty outgoing I was never really honest about how I felt about them and vice versa. Tip is if you like a guy, flirt a lot, If they flirt back then that would be a sign that they like you. talk to them. If they're talking about personal things perhaps they like you. MOST IMPORTANTLY WHEN YOU KNOW YOU LIKE THEM AND YOU THINK THEY LIKE YOU TELL THEM! Don't wait for them to make the first move. If you want to be in a relationship with someone the first step is communication. I think the common cause of struggling to find a relationship is simply lack of communication.

Okay thanks this is really helpful. But how do you usually flirt when you like a guy? Like what kind of things do you usually do? I'm talking about in person, as opposed to in text.
Also when you tell them you like them, do you do this via text or in person? And how do you word it exactly? The whole thought of it all just seems very awkward :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending