The Student Room Group

RAF Basic training

I have my RAF basic training starting on 14th December this year, can anyone help me with regards to Christmas leave? I have read somewhere that you get the last Friday before Christmas until early January off but cannot find anything anywhere?
what will happen most likely is you will travel down on the tues 13th, complete that week and have 2 weeks off starting back in the 2nd Jan.

I am going off how it was last year for a few mates who started on the 18th, did the week, 2 weeks off and then restarted on the 5th Jan.
Think about the DS. Do they want to be kicking around over Christmas? Unlikely.
Reply 3
I start on the 14th as well. We go to training for a week then have two weeks off starting from the 21st of December-4th Jan - hope this helps x
Reply 4
Original post by hannahpt
I start on the 14th as well. We go to training for a week then have two weeks off starting from the 21st of December-4th Jan - hope this helps x

Where did you hear that? I've heard that we are likely to break up on the 16th December then go back on the 2nd January? Thanks for getting back to me though!
Reply 5
My friend works at Halton, and he told me those were the dates for Christmas leave. Could be wrong though. I have PRTC on Wednesday so will probably find out then for definite. No worries x
Reply 6
My friend works at Halton, and he told me those were the dates for Christmas leave. Could be wrong though. I have PRTC on Wednesday so will probably find out then for definite. No worries x

Thank you, I have mine on Wednesday as well funnily enough!
Reply 7
Ah that's cool. What trade you going in as? Good luck :-)
Reply 8
Ah that's cool. What trade you going in as? Good luck :-)

Thanks, good luck to you too! I'm hoping to go in an Aircraft maintenance mechanic - Mechanical , you?
Reply 9
Ah nice. PTI :-) x
Ah nice. PTI :-) x

I hope you've been you've been training hard so PTIs at Halton seem to enjoy beasting trainee PTIs even more than regular recruits!

Good luck guys.
Reply 11
Yeah :-) looking forward to the beasting! Thank you
Reply 12
Is it true that if you have your FS certificates you don't have to stay the entire duration of the 3 days? I've seen it online that people get sent home on the Thursday
Reply 13
Not sure, I've heard lots of different things. I've heard that if you have your GCSE's in both maths and English then you don't have to do them but then some people are saying you do. Don't know what the BKSB test is either? Do you?
Reply 14
From what I've seen, if you have GCSE certificates then you don't have to sit the functional skills tests, however everyone has to sit the BKSB tests but I'm not sure what they consist of.

Quick Reply

Latest