The Student Room Group

Worried about starting sixth form???

Idk if this in the right part of the forum.
But anyway, I'm starting year 12 to do my as levels (health and social care, sociology, psychology- math studies) and I'm soo nervous. I have chosen to go to a sixth form but it's a college, so there is a sixth form block and then a vocational block which doesn't bother me! But I'm leaving all of my friends at my school sixth form, which I wanted to get away from and I'm entering all by myself. I'm so nervous that I won't make friends because I'm not very good at making friends, but I guess I'm good at keeping them!! Any advice? 😳😳 I'm really bricking it.
Reply 1
Im gong to a sixth form that i know nobody in aswell and you'll be fine lol Loads of people will be in the same position as you
I'm in the same position too.
Same here 🙈
i feel like jelly
Reply 5
You're not alone mate, up until today I thought i was staying on at my secondary's sixth form with all of my mates. Next thing i know I'm moving house and starting the local sixth form there on wednesday. The sixth form is nice enough but it only offers IB which is something i was previously not considering at all :/ Am I worried about making friends? Yeah, everybody there already knows eachother as far as I know... but hey just make conversation and it'll happen i'm sure :wink:
I'm the same. You're almost definitely not the only new one going there, so there will be others in the sane position who are likely to be nervous too. Try and make friends with them as you hsve something in common!
Reply 7
I'm going into Year 13 now but I was the same. I found it hard to make friends cause I left to a sixth form (where friendship groups were already established) but I managed to meet really nice people. Trust me, making/keeping friends becomes less important when you get your first mock grades back...:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest