The Student Room Group

BTEC L3 applied science and a math resit or Alevels?

I've only had 1 year of GCSE education at england due to the fact that prior to this i had to move abroad. This has affected my chance at choosing what I want for ALevels since my school has alot of restrictions for sixth form sciences, I've not really had the best education since I've moved through 3 different schools, I took a few entry exams at the beginning of last year when I applied to my current school and I ended up in foundation for all my subjects, which was a nightmare because I knew that C was the highest you could get. I knew that if I put in the effort I could move up so I caught up w the english cw from year 10 and taught myself year 10 content in science. Thankfully, I managed to move up to higher for both english and sciences securing A*'s for my coursework.At this point I was getting C's for math since I was doing foundation and knew I had to move up to get atleast a B if i wanted to do Bio,chem etc for alevels but my teachers said its too late in the year to move me up so overall my GCSE grades were;
Religious studies - A
Art - A
Urdu - A
Core science - B
Additional science - B
English - B
Maths - C
I have no clue what to do I've applied for a BTEC Extended diploma level 3 in applied science at college since its the only one w easy entry requirements but is there other Alevels that I could possibly do with these grades? should I take a resit for maths whilst doing this btec and then after im done w both do bio chem math alevels? I'd really like to pursue a career in anything science related PLEASE HELP!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I know people who have taken this course and gone onto Nursing and Psychology degrees and this is an excellent option. Resitting Maths would be useful as some science courses require excellent Maths courses
Original post by eternalxstress
I've only had 1 year of GCSE education at england due to the fact that prior to this i had to move abroad. This has affected my chance at choosing what I want for ALevels since my school has alot of restrictions for sixth form sciences, I've not really had the best education since I've moved through 3 different schools, I took a few entry exams at the beginning of last year when I applied to my current school and I ended up in foundation for all my subjects, which was a nightmare because I knew that C was the highest you could get. I knew that if I put in the effort I could move up so I caught up w the english cw from year 10 and taught myself year 10 content in science. Thankfully, I managed to move up to higher for both english and sciences securing A*'s for my coursework.At this point I was getting C's for math since I was doing foundation and knew I had to move up to get atleast a B if i wanted to do Bio,chem etc for alevels but my teachers said its too late in the year to move me up so overall my GCSE grades were;
Religious studies - A
Art - A
Urdu - A
Core science - B
Additional science - B
English - B
Maths - C
I have no clue what to do I've applied for a BTEC Extended diploma level 3 in applied science at college since its the only one w easy entry requirements but is there other Alevels that I could possibly do with these grades? should I take a resit for maths whilst doing this btec and then after im done w both do bio chem math alevels? I'd really like to pursue a career in anything science related PLEASE HELP!!

From your grades you can do Science A levels, Urdu, Art, Religious studies.

Alternitevely, you could also do Level 3 applied science or health and social care.

I do HSC and its a great course.
You learn all sorts from anatomy and physiology to human development.

Quick Reply

Latest