The Student Room Group

Medicine Question

Hi, Im a year 12 student currently writing their Personal Statement to hopefully apply for medicine. I would like to ask what the name is called for when a team of doctors and nurses that look after a specific patient, come have a weekly meeting to discuss how that patient is doing and what further action to takes, as I would like to include it when talking about my work exp but I have forgotten the name. Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Aisosa
Hi, Im a year 12 student currently writing their Personal Statement to hopefully apply for medicine. I would like to ask what the name is called for when a team of doctors and nurses that look after a specific patient, come have a weekly meeting to discuss how that patient is doing and what further action to takes, as I would like to include it when talking about my work exp but I have forgotten the name. Thank you very much :smile:

MDT - multi disciplinary team meeting, probably what you are thinking of!

Good luck with your application - although I should point out that this post probably belonged in the medicine forum and not on this thread.
Reply 2
Original post by Aisosa

Grand rounds perhaps?

I attended one two years ago during work experience, where many doctors and nurses would meet up in a lecture theatre and a doctor would present some of his cases.
Reply 3
Original post by seaholme
MDT - multi disciplinary team meeting, probably what you are thinking of!

Good luck with your application - although I should point out that this post probably belonged in the medicine forum and not on this thread.

Thank you and sorry for that. I just knew if I asked here I would get the answer straight away :biggrin:

Quick Reply