Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

What to pack in my bag for first day of college?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I start college on Monday (5th Sept) and I'm trying to get organised by packing my bag now. So far I have a notebook (with seperators for different subjects), my pencil case full of things and my purse for the bus.

So what do I need apart from that on the first day/week?
    Im doing English language, Law and Sociology if that helps!

Thanks guys!:-)

It will be nice for when you feel hungry during frees and most colleges have rip off prices for their snacks smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you start at a new university, you'll at first have no friends, and need to divert effort away from studying, in order to make new ones.

Or do you??? Simply pack some friends with you. Saves a ****ton of effort.

notepad, pencil case, planner if your school doesn't give you one, any summer work you've had to complete, textbooks if you've been asked to buy them, food, water etc

basically what you took in year 11

phone charger + water
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.