The Student Room Group

Anyone here been in a similar situation?

Okay, so here goes.

I’m in the process of studying for a degree in MFLs and this past academic year was supposed to be my “year abroad”. Unfortunately, it got cut halfway through due to health and family reasons, which sucked, and I wasn’t able to complete the second period of my time away. My uni gave me an official dismissal and said they would allow me to continue on as usual, and finish my final year this September. I didn’t feel I’d had enough exposure to the target language and the “full experience” though, so I begged and begged for them to let me do my year abroad again this academic year.

However, and this is the problem, I’m now worried (go figure) that I’ve made the wrong decision, and that when I return in September 2017 to do my final year, it’ll be miserable as all my friends will have graduated and my social network gone.

Has anyone been in a similar position, or know someone who was? And if so, did you find it easy to essentially start over and make new friends, and still enjoy your last year of Uni?

I ask because if it really was disastrous, I think there still might just be time to tell my university I’ve changed my mind, and go ahead and do my final year now.

Thanks in advance for any response/opinions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending