Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Finance Entitlement

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Having worked out my entitlement based on my parents income and the fact that I will be living away from home during my studies I was told I should get £8200.

    However, I have today looked on my account and I am only receiving £6800 which doesn't even cover my rent for my student accommodation. I have calculated what I would get if I was living with my parents and it seems I am only receiving the entitlement for living with them.

    What can I do to get this changed?


    Hi there.

    It may be best for you to call us on 0300 100 0607 to check if this has been assessed correctly and changed over the phone if not.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.