Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the purpose of life (i am 20)?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I feel like i've gone to the wrong uni, i have an abundance of friends but no one i really click with, and never found a boy i've really liked there.

Going into my last year, i realise this isn't the place for me, there's nothing creative and now i'm scared i've missed my opportunities for meeting like-minded people as i leave uni.

I'm hoping to do a masters at goldsmiths after i go travelling.

I'm so upset and down about this…please help/worrying so much about my future?

I don't know you but it does seem as if you are having a bit of a downer and perhaps looking at this in a one-sided way?

Sounds like there's room for improvement/things could have gone differently, but compared to many you're doing ok!

If I were you I'd take this moment to really reflect on where you're at, where you wish to be, and how to get there

The meaning of life is to give your life a meaning

I feel you :/

I don't think there's a purpose in life. That makes it sad but also liberating. I do things that I find fulfilling and enjoyable instead of searching for some ultimate, cosmic meaning.

Life is what you make of it, no one truly knows what the hell we are doing here.

I'd say live by this principle, it was a principle told by Benjamin Graham (a professor of Warren Buffett).

Graham said that he wished every day to do something foolish, something creative, and something generous.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.