The Student Room Group

Equipment for A-level biology

What equipment/stationary will I need for my biology A-levels? I'm starting college soon and although I have the essentials in terms of stationary for my subjects I'm not sure what specifically I'll need
Graph paper! I know it seems silly but you do quite a lot of graphs in Biology :smile:
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Graph paper! I know it seems silly but you do quite a lot of graphs in Biology :smile:

Not sure about this maybe diff specs but for ocr we rarely drew graphs besides coursework which they provided and the odd experiment but in ocr you defo dont do "quite alot of graphs"
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Not sure about this maybe diff specs but for ocr we rarely drew graphs besides coursework which they provided and the odd experiment but in ocr you defo dont do "quite alot of graphs"

Just speaking from experience, we had to do graphs for every practical and for homework/exam prep. :smile:
Original post by abbeynotsowise
What equipment/stationary will I need for my biology A-levels? I'm starting college soon and although I have the essentials in terms of stationary for my subjects I'm not sure what specifically I'll need

I would say go to a website i think biology humerus even tho you are doing a new spec some content is the same and hes basically broke down each specific topic e,g liver and found all past papers from like 2002 and put them for that one topic so when you come from school you can complete them for each section good way of testing and memorizing.

but you dont really need specific stationary its not like maths pen some paper and a calc will do fine most lessons poster paper coloured pens will come later when you do revision properly but for pre december i wouldnt focus too much on revising harcore

Quick Reply

Latest