The Student Room Group

Can I get into Biology A-levels with these grades?

I received my results last week and I was wondering if I can get into Biology?
However, some people have told me I won't get in since I need a B in English and Maths as well as Sciences.
But, the problem is, I got :

English Language - C
Maths - C
Core Science - B
Additional Science - B

I dont know if these grades are good enough for me to be accepted :s-smilie:? I really want to do Biology since I feel it would help me with my future prospects and I enjoy it so much :biggrin:

So guys please help,do you think I will get in? Im just not surreee
Try negotiating with your sixth form. If not, then apply to a different sixth form/college that accepts lower entry grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on the college or sixth form you're going to, but as far as I know, you only need a B in Science and a C in English for Biology. A B in Maths is only needed for Chemistry A-Level. I'm doing Biology A Level this year too so that how I know, but all the best and I hope you get it! Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
It's usually your school that decides the entry requirements. Mine required A grades to get into the Sciences and Maths. You should talk to them and see what your teachers think. A level Biology is a huge step up in workload compared to GCSE, particularly with AQA. With a B I think you could manage it but be prepared to work your socks off.

Quick Reply

Latest