The Student Room Group

How do I get 3 A's in my A levels?

I want to become a lawyer in the future. A lot of good universities require high A level grades. I am going to study History, Sociology and Law A level soon for AS. I initially wanted to do A level Literature, but I didn't get a B in my English Language to do it. However, I was 4 marks of a B. So, I am going to send it off for a remark. Has anyone got good tips?
Reply 1
Stay organised with folders, I like the plastic envelope ones, keep my workbook and sheets handed out in class all in one place... possibly the best investment I made.

Revise from day 1 as in when you learn something go over it again, link it to other things and make sense of it. Copying out of a textbook is so 1960's which is why they had very high IQ levels and are the generation that gave us all this technology, it works miracles if you want to jump ahead or just want to understand something, read it, make sense of it, rewrite it, memorise it.

Get yourself a good pen, moving to a fountain for me worked miracles.

Keep track of time, split your free lessons 50/50 to relax and to study or 25/75 if you have something important but do take the time to relax, it helps you absorb information. You can learn more in 6 hours of studying with 3 hours of relaxing between than with 9 hours of continuous studying.

Most importantly take pride and build a real and genuine enthusiasm for your subjects by reading books and stuff, if you don't feel like you'd enjoy that you should re consider your subjects! Overall just take it easy and remember the pressure and harshness for AS is only to prepare you for A2.
Reply 2
Original post by zayn008
Stay organised with folders, I like the plastic envelope ones, keep my workbook and sheets handed out in class all in one place... possibly the best investment I made.

Revise from day 1 as in when you learn something go over it again, link it to other things and make sense of it. Copying out of a textbook is so 1960's which is why they had very high IQ levels and are the generation that gave us all this technology, it works miracles if you want to jump ahead or just want to understand something, read it, make sense of it, rewrite it, memorise it.

Get yourself a good pen, moving to a fountain for me worked miracles.

Keep track of time, split your free lessons 50/50 to relax and to study or 25/75 if you have something important but do take the time to relax, it helps you absorb information. You can learn more in 6 hours of studying with 3 hours of relaxing between than with 9 hours of continuous studying.

Most importantly take pride and build a real and genuine enthusiasm for your subjects by reading books and stuff, if you don't feel like you'd enjoy that you should re consider your subjects! Overall just take it easy and remember the pressure and harshness for AS is only to prepare you for A2.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest