The Student Room Group

Kaira's [awkward] GCSE Journey :/

Kaira's [awkward] GCSE Journey!
(Maybe to success... Who knows?)

Spoiler

Hi guys..
This is my FIRST actual 'official' thread, and tbh I'm very excited to track and share my [somewhat decent] progress throughout year 11!

"Um that's great but.. who are you?"
My name is Kaira as you have hopefully noticed.. and im about to begin my fifth and final year of secondary education.I come from London which is THE BEST [Inside joke:biggrin:]

Im reasonably new to tsr, in the sense that I haven't made any other threads but I do belong to a Skype group with around 20 other tsr members who have helped me with revision and becoming more acquainted with tsr.

"Right.. so what are you studying?"

I literally picked the WORST options ever but at least its only 9 subjects ey:tongue:, well here they are:

Geography [AQA]

Triple science [AQA]

Drama [AQA]

RE [WJEC]

Citizenship [AQA]

Maths [EDEXCEL]

English [AQA]

So my favourite subject is drama (the practical side anyway) and my least favourite subject is Geography.. what was i thinking when i chose that ..

"Oh, and what are your grades like?"

Haha.. grades.. Lol who really needs them, right?
My mock results were seriously bad.. like awful and aren't 'tsr standard' but anyways:

Spoiler

Geography E2 D2 B2

Physics B2 B2 A1

Biology C2 B3 A3

Chemistry D1 C2 A3

Drama C3 B3 A3

RE E3 C3 B3

Citizenship B3 B3 A1

Maths 5= 6- 7+

English Lit 4= 5+ 7-

English lang 4= 4= 7-

Hopefully i improve in all of these although idm failing geography.. that subject is pure evil (sorry mum..) anyways im working on it :wink:

"Last things?"

I dont really have a game plan for year 11 .. woops, just pass i guess. Here are some words my brain thought of to try and be inspiring.. brain just stahp.

Spoiler

If you have read up to this point, well done you get a prize! .. ..

No you don’t Im very sorry..But anyway thank you for reading and I will try to post as regularly as possible (basically when I can be bothered).

Jacky's GYG thread- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...116&p=67341264
Matthew's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3847035
George's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4222748
Umar's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...238&p=67342764
Lemur's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4294214#primary_content

:party: <trying to be like @Umar39
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to be keeping up with this. :h: Good luck! :congrats:

Spoiler

Question... what does E2, C2 mean?
Reply 3
Original post by danielwinstanley

Spoiler

Question... what does E2, C2 mean?

So, an E2 is an E , but the number [1,2 or 3] shows how high on the grade you are. So a B1 would be a very high B , a B+ perhaps and a B3 would be a low B , B- , and B2 is just like a B i guess :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to be keeping up with this. :h: Good luck! :congrats:

Thank youu!!!!:smile:
haha, i'm about to start y11 too!
In some schools, the letter represents the grade, and the number represents effort

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by studyxgcse
haha, i'm about to start y11 too!

Really :biggrin: , Good luck to you!
Original post by Kaira1up
Really :biggrin: , Good luck to you!

hehe thanks! I'm bait nervous, i haven't done any homework!:tongue:
good luck to you too!
[QUOTE=Kaira1up;67343374]So, an E2 is an E , but the number [1,2 or 3] shows how high on the grade you are. So a B1 would be a very high B , a B+ perhaps and a B3 would be a low B , B- , and B2 is just like a B i guess :smile:

Ahhh okay. Good luck!
I'm in year 11 too...this'll be a fun year
Reply 10
Update 1.
[18/9/16].

So this is my first update, of my first ever thread on TSR:colone:..

Spoiler

I dont really know how updates go, so i'll tell you about my life... and you listen k:biggrin:?

School is literally the most tiring thing ever. I never even realised:/ . The first day was 11-3 and I fell asleep as soon as i came home. Every day has been like that (except its been 9-3). Last year I would come home and be completely energetic, picking fights, facetiming friends.. homework:biggrin:. All of that would be done and now i feel like a 70 year old:s-smilie:

I have so much coursework to finish, it isnt even a joke. WHAT IS MY LIFEEEE!
I lost my USB, with alot of completed coursework on it </3. Then i found it - YAY:tongue:.

I had one exam for some UNKNOWN reason.. yeesh.

Tbh i can't wait to finish my GCSE's. I dont want to see another exam in my life.. Oh wait SIXTHFORM:angry:
Update 1.
[18/9/16].

Spoiler

I dont really know how updates go, so i'll tell you about my life... and you listen k:biggrin:?

School is literally the most tiring thing ever. I never even realised:/ . The first day was 11-3 and I fell asleep as soon as i came home. Every day has been like that (except its been 9-3). Last year I would come home and be completely energetic, picking fights, facetiming friends.. homework:biggrin:. All of that would be done and now i feel like a 70 year old:s-smilie:

I lost my USB, with alot of completed coursework on it </3. Then i found it - YAY:tongue:.

Tbh i can't wait to finish my GCSE's. I dont want to see another exam in my life.. Oh wait SIXTHFORM:angry:

Make sure you make backups of your usb regularily. There are tons of people who have had to start all their CW again because they lost their USB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by BobBobson
Make sure you make backups of your usb regularily. There are tons of people who have had to start all their CW again because they lost their USB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was literally gonna do that then i fell asleep😂! Oh well i'll be more careful in the future lel.
Kaira's [awkward] GCSE Journey!
(Maybe to success... Who knows?)

Spoiler

Hi guys..
This is my FIRST actual 'official' thread, and tbh I'm very excited to track and share my [somewhat decent] progress throughout year 11!

"Um that's great but.. who are you?"
My name is Kaira as you have hopefully noticed.. and im about to begin my fifth and final year of secondary education.I come from London which is THE BEST [Inside joke:biggrin:]

Im reasonably new to tsr, in the sense that I haven't made any other threads but I do belong to a Skype group with around 20 other tsr members who have helped me with revision and becoming more acquainted with tsr.

"Right.. so what are you studying?"

I literally picked the WORST options ever but at least its only 9 subjects ey:tongue:, well here they are:

Geography [AQA]

Triple science [AQA]

Drama [AQA]

RE [WJEC]

Citizenship [AQA]

Maths [EDEXCEL]

English [AQA]

So my favourite subject is drama (the practical side anyway) and my least favourite subject is Geography.. what was i thinking when i chose that ..

"Oh, and what are your grades like?"

Haha.. grades.. Lol who really needs them, right?
My mock results were seriously bad.. like awful and aren't 'tsr standard' but anyways:

Spoiler

Geography E2 D2 B2

Physics B2 B2 A1

Biology C2 B3 A3

Chemistry D1 C2 A3

Drama C3 B3 A3

RE E3 C3 B3

Citizenship B3 B3 A1

Maths 5= 6- 7+

English Lit 4= 5+ 7-

English lang 4= 4= 7-

Hopefully i improve in all of these although idm failing geography.. that subject is pure evil (sorry mum..) anyways im working on it :wink:

"Last things?"

I dont really have a game plan for year 11 .. woops, just pass i guess. Here are some words my brain thought of to try and be inspiring.. brain just stahp.

Spoiler

If you have read up to this point, well done you get a prize! .. ..

No you don’t Im very sorry..But anyway thank you for reading and I will try to post as regularly as possible (basically when I can be bothered).

Jacky's GYG thread- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...116&p=67341264
Matthew's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3847035
George's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4222748
Umar's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...238&p=67342764
Lemur's GYG thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4294214#primary_content

:party: <trying to be like @Umar39

Are you doing AQA A or B for Geography?
Reply 14
Original post by *Alisha*
Are you doing AQA A or B for Geography?

Aqa A i think :smile:
Aqa A i think :smile:

same! you started your controlled assesment?
Reply 16
Original post by samaad1
same! you started your controlled assesment?

Yasss almost finished:biggrin: you?
Original post by danielwinstanley
Ahhh okay. Good luck!
I'm in year 11 too...this'll be a fun year

Yep year 11 is one of the best years! I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too!:wink:
Yasss almost finished:biggrin: you?

I'm also doing the AQA A Geog assessment - it's so dull and repetitive :boring::boring:
Update 1.
[18/9/16].

Spoiler

GCSE's do have a LOT of exams- I had 25 last year...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply