The Student Room Group

How to organise A-level notes/work?

So far (bare) I've got 3 lever arch files to stay at home and 3 popper wallets that hopefully I'll be putting bits of paper from the lesson in, then eventually transfer to the files when not needed. I also have one refill pad (which on my first day I've got half a page written inside of it from eng lit), I was planning on transferring my notes from the pad to the popper wallets each day (or week??) then eventually when they're not needed into the files.

I know this kind of sounds really weird asking about organising but I like to be organised haha but right now I'm not really sure what to do, since for each of my 3 subjects, I have 2 teachers. What should I do with this half a bit of written work in the pad? Should I keep it in the refill pad until the end of the week, then transfer it to a popper wallet?

I'm really just asking for any advice on organisation and transferring work from class, thanks
Hi Clearist! When I was in sixth form, I used a slightly different method. I had one ring binder, which contained file dividers separating my subjects, a plastic wallet behind each divider to store loose sheets for each subject (until I could hole punch them at home and file them properly), and a few sheets of lined paper to write class notes on, which I topped up daily (rather than taking a whole refill pad). I also had one lever arch file that I kept at home, which I transferred my class notes into once the ring binder got full.

I used this system for both AS and A2, and I found that it worked well :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi Clearist! When I was in sixth form, I used a slightly different method. I had one ring binder, which contained file dividers separating my subjects, a plastic wallet behind each divider to store loose sheets for each subject (until I could hole punch them at home and file them properly), and a few sheets of lined paper to write class notes on, which I topped up daily (rather than taking a whole refill pad). I also had one lever arch file that I kept at home, which I transferred my class notes into once the ring binder got full.

I used this system for both AS and A2, and I found that it worked well :smile:

I did something similar too, one small folder I take to school with dividers for each subject then every week I go over what I did in class and put the work in separate lever arch folders for each subject

Quick Reply

Latest